12 year old bringing phone to the setting.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    june 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 12 year old bringing phone to the setting.

Hi i have a 12 year old in my car whose been coming since she was 2. She has recently started bringing her phone . I am think of writing a policy for this but was just seeing if anybody else has children who bring mobile phones to there setting? Thanks x

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Phone is kept in school bag in porch. Plus we had to introduce a mobile policy a couple of years ago so should be covered in that.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

3. Likes alwaysright liked this post
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 children that bring their phones in the holidays. They know they are kept on the kitchen side when here. They are allowed to check them at set times throughout the day but must show me what they're sending/ receiving!

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi ,
    I have a 12 year old after school who has a phone with her. I don't allow the children to use mobile phones unless there's a very good reason, in which case they would ask me and be supervised by me. (e.g. need to talk to parent urgently as upset etc). No game playing and no internet access would be allowed under any circumstances.
    As it is, the mindee is very responsible about it and as asked, leaves the phone in her bag in the hallway currently. However I have told Mum that if I ever felt she may just go to her bag to use her phone that I would hold it until Mum arrives to collect and thereafter. Mum understood.
    My house my rules.
    Its just not worth the risk in my opinion. Having free access to the phone/internet is inviting the world in to your home. I don't even let mindees do a google search without me supervising.

I don't have a policy, just a rule .

Good luck with yours

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a policy covering mobile phones and any other equipment a child might bring in that has access to internet eg Tablets, Nintendo DS etc. They are not allowed internet access or to take any photo's or videos. If they break the rules the equipment will be taken away and given to parents at home time. It's to safeguard everyone, them, me and the other children. Even my own children are not allowed to take any photo's / videos with any mindees in them.

xxxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My rules - turn it off - put it in the child's bag (or you could have a designated box if you are worried about security) - absolutely no fiddling with it / playing with it / taking photos with it / going on the internet unsupervised etc etc.

Hth

8. Likes Goatgirl, alwaysright, rickysmiths liked this post