When you can't have the furniture you want due to being a CM!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Default When you can't have the furniture you want due to being a CM!

I so so want a huge french farm table in my front room. We have a lot of friends and family over to eat together but obviously this would take away space. We have a large front room but when Mrs O came she said we could only have 4 children despite me having an assistant and using a bedroom. Wouldn't want more than 4 anyway but it's the furniture and having leather only due to pens etc

Ahh the joys of childminding!

dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Know the feeling!!! I've recently moved house and the furniture I wanted for the living room just wouldn't be suitable for childminding :-(

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean - it took me ages to find a replacement TV cabinet because I wanted a corner one with glass in and when we got a new gas fire I had to pay for an expensive model to get glass in as I didn't want the kids taking the coals out.

Can't wait until I stop childminding (no plans at moment) to get rid of my Ikea dining room table and buy a proper oak one instead and have material seats (I recovered my Ikea felt ones in fake leather, so they are wipe clean).

Saw some fantastic water lillies in pots on my holiday in Thailand that I would love in my garden, but bet the water would be a H & Safety Ofsted, No, no!

4. Likes unalindura77 liked this post