Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Almost 1 year old...

Driving me insane. I've observed his schema is probably trajectory but honestly all he does he pick things up and throw or just moves from one area or box of toys and just pulls things out or pulls things apart. He ruins everything for the other children who are almost 2 and 4.

This morning, I restricted the amount of toys, so only had a few boxes put out whereas normally they have free access to most things. I thought he may play a little better but no. He's just going round doing the something. I've tried distraction and giving him other things and sitting with him and playing things such as Mega Blocks which he enjoys taking apart but it lasts for 10 seconds at most. I know at this age they don't have a great attention span or focus but I just needed to vent as he has been with me for. 2 months now and is slowly driving me insane!!!!! Spoke to Mum about what he likes doing at home and how he likes to play at home and she said- "anything with lights! Hes a headache tbh, Im glad to go to work"

Any inspiration?? Or ideas?

Thanks
    Last edited by MAWI; 29-04-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you thought to ask mum to send him with a toy that he really likes to see what the difference would be? then maybe it will give you some ideas of whether you need to buy any with him in mind?