Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Chicken Pox

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chicken Pox

DD has chicken pox. Do I close or not? She's not ill in the slightest...just a bit itchy! It was the only mindee I have here tomorrow that gave it to her in the first place so obviously no issues of passing it on and I know mum would send her still. I'm off for the holidays then anyway.

I would rather work as DD is going to be bored silly just the two off us and not going out!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

Glitter Guest

If the only mindee you have has just had chicken pox, and your daughter is not ill I would be tempted to stay open.

I would just check with the parent to make sure they don't mind first.

Dec 07
    Post Thanks / Like

My DD6 had chickenpox last week I informed all parents told them I was more than happy to still have their LO but totally understood if they wanted to stay away and wouldn't charge if they didn't come. 3 out of 4 mindees still came. Just a waiting game now to see if DS8 or mindees will get it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightSparkle View Post
    My DD6 had chickenpox last week I informed all parents told them I was more than happy to still have their LO but totally understood if they wanted to stay away and wouldn't charge if they didn't come. 3 out of 4 mindees still came. Just a waiting game now to see if DS8 or mindees will get it.
    I think most parents are still happy to bring their children when asked

Hope your daughter is better now

Angel xx

Dec 07
    Post Thanks / Like

DS8 now has chickenpox 10 days after DD6 got her first spots. I wonder which mindee will be the first victim.

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

one of the little ones i mnd had just got over chicken pox, first spots came two weeks ago on monday, so far no-one else has got it but how long would it be before we know if anyone has picked it up from him iyswim