tricky situation
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default tricky situation

Today I only had two mindees and we went to our local shopping centre to buy our crafts.
    While on the way back to the train station we saw about 6 children aged around 11. There was a bit of jostling going on and it seemed as though 4 of them were bullying the other two. I stood there and watched trying to assess the situation and thankfully all was ok and they walked away together laughing.
    What would I have done though if it was a bullying situation? I had a 1yr old and a 2 year old with me so obviously I didn't want to possibly cause them harm (if the bullies turned on me) but I couldn't let bullying continue.
    What would you do!?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Difficult situation to be in but first and foremost you need to think of the safety of the children in your care. Hopefully you just being there and looking is enough to make it stop - also getting your phone out might do the trick. Ultimately if you are concerned you could ring your PCSOs/police.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I was on my own once and saw a lad of about 12 being beaten around the head by one of about 16 and I ploughed in and stopped it by screaming at them, then making sure lad was ok and taken care of. If I had children with me like you would have watched and if felt worried would have dialled 999

4. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would have looked for station staff - can't get involved when minding x

09/2012
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

if they were in school uniform, presuming by the age they should be and should have been at school I think I would call the school and station staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3 little ducks View Post
    if they were in school uniform, presuming by the age they should be and should have been at school I think I would call the school and station staff
    A lot of the schools were off round here on that day - teachers strike I think