Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Holiday childcare

Hi all

I'm seeing a mum on Friday, possiblity of taking her 2 children (9 and 10 years old) for what sounds like school holiday cover.
    Ive never done this before - willing to give it a go as I have a few term time children, so often the holiday periods are quiet and could do with some hours over this time.

Does anyone offer this? Do you just do a contract with ad-hoc specifications on it?
    what are the downsides. I;m thinking as I may only see the children now and again, quite hard to build relationships with them.

cheers

Post Thanks / Like

I offer this- kids build relationships fast if you are willing to play what they like!

The contract is the tricky bit as I take payment in advance but no deposit- and obviously no set hours. I am just really flexible with my ad hoc families

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Amy. What ages do you mind for?

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I have children who attend during holiday time only. I put this on the contract in the same way I would put term time only. I am flexible about the days they book but make them aware of a minimum I expect.

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I offer this for a few children ages 4,8 and 11 and have built very good relationships with them so much so they don't want to go home!