Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hard to do mothers day crafts

I am finding it so very hard to do Mother's Day this year. I lost my mum last may. I am finding it so hard to get them started got them all tomorrow. I will just put my best face on and keep going . To all of you like me who find it hard we just need to keep thinking about the children. When my was alive she hated Mother's Day. Just needed to talk about this. Thanks.

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry for your loss, Jackie, hugs for you. You're right, it's for the children (and their Mums!). It'll be hard but you can do it!

Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm waiting to be registered so not working yet, but just wanted to say I completely understand where you're coming from on this. I lost my mum 2 years ago - 2 weeks before Mothers Day...which has left me feeling very bitter about mothers day and all that goes with it! Sorry can't help with making things with the kids but just to say you're not alone. xx

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I lost my dad 21 years ago and I still struggle with Fathers Day so I totally get it. And Mothers Day seems a lot more in your face. It'll be hard for you this year but will get easier. Try to think of the good memories xx

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Im so sorry to hear of your loss. Would it help you to make one for your mum? I always make something for my dad and it helps me to smile as I imagine what he would like. I know you said your mum didnt like mothers day but it doesnt have to be about that. It could just be an amalgamation of things she would like. Eg her favourite colours n flowers etc x

sep 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Its really hard isn't it, I lost mine nine years ago and the first couple of years are awful but it does get easier over time. Special times of the year are the hardest especially Christmas and of course Mothers day, I wouldn't go overboard with what you do, most mums would just appreciate a card.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if this will help or not.
    My mother is still alive bit I haven't seen her in over 20 years. She turned her back on all her kids - 5 of us - and it was left to me and my sister to bring up my younger brothers. My sister became their legal guardian at age 22 . They were age 9 and 11.
    I used to be so jealous of my friends who had fantastic mums but luckily I have a fabulous aunt and I look to her as my Mother figure , and my Daughter looks on her as her Nanny.
    I suppose what I'm trying to say is you obviously had a Mum you loved very much, and you should try to celebrate that and cherish it, I would have loved to have that but was not to be.
    Like I said don't know if it will help or not !! Xxxx

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karen2010 View Post
    Don't know if this will help or not.
    My mother is still alive bit I haven't seen her in over 20 years. She turned her back on all her kids - 5 of us - and it was left to me and my sister to bring up my younger brothers. My sister became their legal guardian at age 22 . They were age 9 and 11.
    I used to be so jealous of my friends who had fantastic mums but luckily I have a fabulous aunt and I look to her as my Mother figure , and my Daughter looks on her as her Nanny.
    I suppose what I'm trying to say is you obviously had a Mum you loved very much, and you should try to celebrate that and cherish it, I would have loved to have that but was not to be.
    Like I said don't know if it will help or not !! Xxxx
    Just want to send you and OP a big hug.

You know, you don't have to do anything for Mother's Day - I haven't. I have just felt that the kids could do something with their dads (mine do live with their dads too). Never had a problem with not doing it. x

10. Likes rickysmiths, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 14
    Non childminder member
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

My dd passed away 4 years ago she was fully disabled in wheelchair, I miss not getting things back from school that she had made me, I cry watching mummy and daughter stuff even tho I have 2 other daughters, it's been 4 years (nearly) but I miss her everyday , my mum wasn't around after I was 16, only there when she wanted something , my mother didn't even come to my dd funeral , I just make sure I'm the best mum, I might be the other way round from you guys but I know your pain.. Xx

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks hon x came to terms with it a long time ago x her loss I do always wonder what she thinks about on Mothers Day though !
    Made some cards today for the Mums of mindees with their handprints inside and printed and framed some lovely photos I had of them the Mums were super happy which made me happy!
    And this Mother's Day I am flying to Tenerife with my gorgeous 9 year old Daughter for a weeks holiday so will be fab !
    Oh bring on the sun cream and wine !!!!

13. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by covgalxxx View Post
    My dd passed away 4 years ago she was fully disabled in wheelchair, I miss not getting things back from school that she had made me, I cry watching mummy and daughter stuff even tho I have 2 other daughters, it's been 4 years (nearly) but I miss her everyday , my mum wasn't around after I was 16, only there when she wanted something , my mother didn't even come to my dd funeral , I just make sure I'm the best mum, I might be the other way round from you guys but I know your pain.. Xx
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I never thought about how difficult Mother's Day would be for mothers who had lost children. I hope you and your two daughters manage to have a nice day. xxx

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for that everyone. I never thought about people who had lost children. will wake up ready to do our small crafts.

Mar 14
    Non childminder member
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I will have a good day, just a normal day for us mums, partner will be sleeping in day , and working at night, so just a normal Sunday with chocolate I hope

17. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by covgalxxx View Post
    thinking of you

xx

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thinking if u always hard this time of year for people xx

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you Jackie I know how hard it is.. As dh says 'keep it simple' don't go
    Overboard just do what you can manage x

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your loss hun its horrible isnt it. I lost my mum at xmas 2011 ...last year couldnt bear to walk past all the mothers day displays etc and we have a triple whammy as mums birthday and their wedding anniversary were last week as well . Its so hard going from celebrating these days to nothing . I must admit this year my little people have done lots of different things for mothers day and iv found its distracted me from the sadness a bit seeing the joy on their excited faces hope ur ok x

Post Thanks / Like

I lost my dad, so Father's Day last year was horrid, especially as it fell on his bday that year too.

My trick is, try to see it as another day to celebrate them, dance to their favourite song, watch their favourite film, enjoy every last positive memory you have of them! Most days are hard still, so try not to build up the fear in your mind about this one day, try turn it into something fun. Trust me I know how hard it is- but in order to keep my sanity I had to find a way of looking back and smiling, rather than looking back and breaking Down.

Good luck, and know you always have our support! X

23. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean. I lost my mum in July 2011 and my husband lost his mum in May 2010, so it's doubly hard for us as a couple. My mum enjoyed receiving flowers and cards, even when she was very ill. But as I'm doing crafts for toddlers it doesn't seem to affect me that much. It's only when I go into supermarkets and see all the lovely flowers. I start to think, 'Oh Mum would love those'. I can't even put any on her grave and she had her ashes scattered in the sea as she did not want any memorial of any kind as she did not want family to feel obliged to visit her grave.
    I do like to visit the seaside as it was her favorite place to be, so she is there on every beach :-)
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

25. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post