Ahhhh really need to stop soending so much money!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ahhhh really need to stop soending so much money!

I all are you all the same? I know that resources are endless but all I seem to be doing is buying all the time. Lol
    I love buying new toys and crafts for the children I care for especially when I know they will love them.
    I am still building up my items I suppose as I'm still a newbie and my start up costs were very small and am buying as and when I need it but yes it is constantly a package from the postman. Hehe!
    My husband gets mad he says "what have you bought this time!" And " do we really need that?" "We don't have the space!"
    Ohhhh well!

2. Likes messyplay, loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would be telling hubby that the business needs x, y or z and as the business brings in the money to pay for it, what's the problem?!

Bet he doesn't moan or complain when his boss buys something for his business

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I guess so! Lol
    It's the whole battle of working from home and yes adding to the or should I say taking up so much space due to the equipment.
    It's nice to update things too.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband says he is going to take my photo to all the charity shops in town and tell them that I am banned - and he also says it has to be "one toy in, one toy out" but it just makes me sneak new purchases into the house, or tell him that things are on long term loan from the toy library!

6. Likes loocyloo, tulip0803, primula liked this post
    Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

I've done my sums and estimate I've spend around 4-5k since September, just too much money.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My New Year's resolution was to stop buying resources...I failed after the first week

Last year though i discovered carboot sales. I buy very cheap resources (not necessarily toys) that the children use for a while, then I either give them away or sell them on. They usually cost very little and if I sell them I generally make my money back. It satisfies my buying addiction, but doesn't cost a fortune and doesn't add to my already Toys-R-Us sized stock of toys

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I ahve vowed to never buy in the high street shops unless it is an item on sale. I love charity shops and car boots too. My OH and DS look for me there too x

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ja-lula-belli View Post
    Yes I guess so! Lol
    taking up so much space due to the equipment.
    Sounds like a storage trip to Ikea is in order to me - business is paying of course

MAY 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by unalindura77 View Post
    I've done my sums and estimate I've spend around 4-5k since September, just too much money.
    Wow ! Hope you are earning enough to justify it, that's a lot of money

13. Likes unalindura77 liked this post
    Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
    Wow ! Hope you are earning enough to justify it, that's a lot of money

MOstly all I have earned has gone on that! I keep saying to myself that now I've spent so much money I should be able to earn a decent amount sometime soon....still waiting! II do earn quite a good bit but a lot goes on food/resources and setting up

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cant remember (apart from craft resources) the last time I brought new toys etc
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I try very hard NOT to buy new ( or at least, new to me! ) resources, but I saw a load of easter stuff in poundland/the works, so got it, as all the bits in my sensory tray etc got a bit battered last year ... so its not really 'new', its more 'replacing' !

i'm also buying stuff for my forest school setting, and that has meant tarps and ropes etc that I didn't have and am already using!

i'm helping with a jumble sale soon and I just know I will end up with bags of bits that are just too good to not buy !!!

it was my new years resolution too ... I think I lasted a couple of weeks!

17. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I also use car boots - originally had a budget of £20 a week now upped to £50 a week !
    But I have got some amazing stuff at a fraction of the cost - bought 15 brand new sand art kits last week for £6 would have cost me £150 in the shops !!

Glitter Guest

I bought a large cupboard to store my toys and resources. If it won't fit in the cupboard I can not buy it.
    It has really help me to think about if I really need new toys, and it has saved me a lot of money.

Post Thanks / Like

What on????

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

wow that is a lot!! yes defo think you need to slow down! dont forget the point is to make some money i would guess that you probably have more than enough stuff now

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

i think as well after a while the buying does slow down! i also havent bought any new stuff for ages apart from a really nice fabric calender from costco and some craft stuff, i just came to realise that i seriously had no room for any more stuff

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I spent a fortune on stuff in the first six months, after which it tailed off. I have more than enough stuff still, and there is only so much the children can play with. However, I've spent lots over the past couple of months on environment and organisation - I have done lots to the garden, lots of maintenance and cosyfication to the house and done lots to organise my storage etc.
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysright View Post
    wow that is a lot!! yes defo think you need to slow down! dont forget the point is to make some money i would guess that you probably have more than enough stuff now
    Yummy and Alwaysright

I have bought 2 tables with chairs, chairs, cot, 1 double buggy, toy storage cupboards, bedding, sleep suits, blankets, a sofa bed thingy, childrens plates/cutlery/cups/nappy storage, errmmmmm what else? The rest has gone on toys and crafts! To be honest, it looks like loads on paper and it does look like a decent play area but I do need more stuff. I need another double buggy and a kitchen area, and some more girls toys such as dolls etc.

When I heard the saying 'You need to spend money in order to earn money' I took it very literally. Will definitely be doing poundland more though once I have another travel cot and double buggy.

Oh, and some more multicultural resources!

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I definitely bought more when I was starting out because mindees were older than my children so needed things I didn't already have. But now I don't buy very much. My children are still small and happy to share their toys and we don't have much space and go out a lot so don't actually need very many toys.

I also do sneeky things like buy loads of wilko arts and crafts like packs of sequins / pompoms etc for their stockings. So I'm spending the money on the atts and crafts stuff but saving on stocking fillers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast