Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: small house

Registered Childminder since
    apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default small house

My living room isnt big at all all my toys are upstairs how do you manage with small houses and not enough room ideally id love a big house to have a separate minding place bit this isnt going to happen any time soon is having a book kept downstairs with photos of all my toys in enough ? Clearly id bring few boxes down for the little ones to play with each day and upstairs does have a risk assessment in place to allow children upstairs

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I'm following this with interest as I have a 2 bedroom house.

I have one room downstairs with couch chairs tv and small dining table. Outside is paved but needs fixing to make safe.

Ideally I don't want to begin childminding here due to space but the childminder I use now for my kids has a smaller house but does have a proper grass on her garden and she manages.

Because my daughter is 4 (just) and my son 1 in two weeks, I can only care for one child in the day so I may be ok possibly but I wanting to move x

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in a 2 bed and yes, space is limited. I have a shed in the garden which is FULL of CM toys & equipment and I rotate as necessary. I don't have a separate play room, but I find the more toys the little ones have access to at one time, they just get everything out and are not actually playing with it at all! More toys, more mess!!!

It can be done in in a small property, you just need to be organised

June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoRo163 View Post
    I live in a 2 bed and yes, space is limited. I have a shed in the garden which is FULL of CM toys & equipment and I rotate as necessary. I don't have a separate play room, but I find the more toys the little ones have access to at one time, they just get everything out and are not actually playing with it at all! More toys, more mess!!!

It can be done in in a small property, you just need to be organised
    I have a ottoman leather stool I have toys and books in. I use it as a toy box and also ppl can sit on it if I have a lot of visitors. You could set different toys out every day and not have a toy box if your really stuck for space.

I really wish I had a playroom!

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a toy room just my living room kitchen and hall for childminding although there is a good amount of space on the 3.
    I have a cupboard out my back entrance which has all my toys art and craft books etc and one you box I use to rotate.
    I used to being out loads of toys but spent my day tripping over them. The children tipped them out and walked away. So I bring out a lot less now. Older children are shown what I have and ask for what they want. They must tidy it up before anything else comes out. When all children leave I pack all into the cupboard and the we back porch I have. I love my house being my house again. The fire guard comes off at weekends high chairs packed away. Storage is the way to go a shed or garage to store larger items. Travel cots are put under beds.
    Tess1981