Hate Thursday's!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hate Thursday's!!

Thursday's have to be my worst day! Start 6:50 with LO 8 months who can't even sit up, LO 18months who pulls everything out but no attention to actually play or any activity! Plus a school pick LO 3 who's tired after school and doesn't want to do anything! Working till 6

Post Thanks / Like

Aww get them outside - local park to run off some steam! I not registered yet but ae mother of two young ones I find a nice walk to the park or to feed the ducks is something kids love and lets me not get 'cabin fever!' X

3. Likes unalindura77 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Preparation is the key to surviving the day!

Make sure you have a chair ready to sit the 8mth old in & plenty of toys to keep him happy. I used to sit one of my mindees in the carseat with an activity gym in from of them with all sorts of things hung on it. It gave me long enough to be able to get on with other tasks.

For the 18 month old, limit the amount of toys they have access to. Research has shown that the fewer toys available, the better they play. Rather than letting them have free access to everything, limit it to one toy box. When there is too much out they aren't spoilt for choice and can't settle on one thing. When they only have a limited amount to play with, their attention is automatically fixed on that one thing.

As for the 3 year old, let them chill out after school. They're probably tired and need to rest. Let them get themselves comfy on a chair, or beanbag where they can see what's going on and can maybe join in from where they are - even just talking to them while you do something else is getting them involved. When they see what you're doing they might even come over and join in

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advise everyone!

8month old in chair playing with pots and pans, 3 yr old is playing with Lego and haven't heard a peep! I've turned 3 out of 4 draws around so there isn't so much mess! Now to tackle lunch... Hahaha

6. Likes Maza, unalindura77 liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Thursdays - my day off!!

Wednesdays on the other hand...
    Life is all about how you handle plan B

8. Likes unalindura77 liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thursday is my favourite day as it is my day off! Mind you ,have spent the morning doing planning.

With the 18 month old, as someone said, limit what you have out. When my mindee was that age I would let him have 1 box of smallish things - blocks, cars, balls, whatever, but give him a couple of empty containers (big bowl, empty box, old milk tin etc) and he would just love transferring all of the objects from one container to the next, and then of course tipping them out again, but at least it is only one box of the same stuff being tipped out over and over again! Obviously you rotate the smaller objects so that they don't get board. x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's Tuesdays for me

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It's Tuesdays for me too!! X

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

My busy one us Tuesdays

13 month old twins arrive at 7.15, stay till 6.30 (5.30-6.30 constant griizzles as they are tired).
    Also one 2.5 year old 8.15-5.
    2 of my own (6 and 10) to take to school plus a sibling of twins. Sons friend who walks with us
    Then collect all above and one more 11 yr old.
    It's a long day!!!

pre-reg
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thursday is my worst day too, but to make it even worse I had a water leak upstairs from the loft this morning and then school run which is fine then 3 x 1year olds and a big sister to one who is 4 as a one off! We have the activity table full of oats as that keeps them busy, then went to soft play via tesco for 2 hours, lunch in the garden, painting and more oats then sleeps, hoe time for 1 and big sis at 1pm nightmare to get one lo off to sleep which isn't normal so 1 lo in garden asleep in buggy 2.5 hrs, last lo asleep in playroom in buggy for half an hour so far! School run for another 5 to collect then 2nd lo goes home at 4.30, 2 after schoolers at 5 and others at 6! Fish pie made for tea nearly just having 5 mins peace!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Thursdays my worst day

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love Thursdays... It means there's only one more day till the weekend whoop whoop ;-)

(Thursday and Fridays are also my busiest days lol)