Sick child
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sick child

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sick child

Just wondered what u would do had child today perfuse diarrhoea starting at 4 pm cleaned him up changed clothes .... Etc rang mum couldn't get her rang next number phone off

I isolated him from other children as per policy
    Tlc a plenty still no contact able for mum

He then for worse his diarrhoea I mean its clearly a viral infection and ended up at the bath him
    I tried getting mum etc on ohone for consent but had no choice his skin was covered and needed washed properly

Did I do right thing

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no how awful! Of course you did the right thing to bath him. What else could you do if it was that bad? I would have done exactly the same the poor little love.
    Do you have emergency contacts for this child? If it were me I would have attempted to contact both parents then after the second time the child had to be cleaned up I would be calling the emergency contacts.

Post Thanks / Like

I was but then they are elderly and they would get it off him

Its fine just had to do what anyone would do with my kids really

Just with coveting myself etc. I was worried but putting child first was priority

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would still have called the emergency contacts. It was, after all, the parent's choice to give that responsibility to elderly people.

Still, you did absolutely the right thing. You acted first and foremost in the child's best interests and therefore have nothing to feel bad about or apologise for.

There's every possibility lo may have got soiled between you requesting collection and anybody arriving to collect. In that case, You'd be far better bathing him that handing him over in a badly soiled state. So, again, you did right.

Well done.