Sleeping children... On the floor.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sleeping children... On the floor.

I have a minded child who has a nap... in fact is napping right now... near my feet, on the floor, like a dog! LOL

He does this an awful lot, but as soon as I pick him up to lay him on the sofa, he wakes up, gets off the sofa and lays on the floor again! I keep looking at him and giggling to myself, but still, can't help feeling terrible! Can you imagaine what Ofsted would say if they knocked on the door now and saw a child curled up in a ball, asleep on the floor...

Please tell me I am not the only one with a child who likes to sleep in random places.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple of children who fall asleep in the floor. I just put a blanket over them & leave them to it!

3. Likes little chickee liked this post
    May 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a lo who does the same! She's 17 months old and will stop playing and just lay down wherever she is and fall asleep. She's even fallen asleep standing up, bent over the sofa with her head on the cushions! It doesn't matter how sleepy she is, the minute I put her in the cot, she's shouting at me. Kids are funny!

Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CookieCutter View Post
    I have a lo who does the same! She's 17 months old and will stop playing and just lay down wherever she is and fall asleep. She's even fallen asleep standing up, bent over the sofa with her head on the cushions! It doesn't matter how sleepy she is, the minute I put her in the cot, she's shouting at me. Kids are funny!
    My son would do this too! Wish he'd go to sleep so easily now he's six.

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

He looks just so adorable! I have to wake him up soon to do the playschool run. But he looks so peaceful, until he lets out his massively loud random snore

I have one child who literally can fall fast asleep in mere moments, you can be talking to her one minute, then the next you hear her snoring LOL!

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think as long as they are safe and comfortable I would leave them. He obviously prefers the floor so why disturb him.

oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

At least they cant fall off the floor. I have a 2.5 yo mindee who always napped on my sofa....... until one day when he rolled over and fell off. He now sleeps on the floor. I do have a big floor cushion that i try to get him to nap on but he usually rolls off onto the floor. My 3 yo mindee sleeps whereever she pleases - her current favourite place is behind the sofa!

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

aww bless sounds so cute! I haven't any that fall asleep on the floor, but I have made a 'cosy corner' behind my sofa - I've pulled it out so its at an angle to the wall. I have some floor cushions, a fluffy faux fur blanket and some giant teddy bears. The children are drawn to it like magnets when they want some quiet time and often fall asleep in there - even known a 4 year old to do it who never naps!

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one that likes to lie on a blanket when the others have their naps, he won't lie on the settee so if he falls asleep I just cover him up and leave him to sleep others sleep in buggy or settee.
    Cath

sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

A childminder friend has these little mats for the kids, they go and get them and their blanket and off they go to sleep!! One of my mindees use to go and get his bottle and lie on the mat in the kitchen! I had to keep moving him! kids are funny.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

one of mine falls asleep on the floor often but im able to move her

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We have one who can fall asleep standing up against the fence outside ! Wish my own would do it so easily :/

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I know one nursery near me that bought a big pile of dog beds (the soft ones) that they let the kids use for sleeping on the floor. And Ofsted were totally OK with it!