Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any new equipment toys or resources?

Time for me to refresh our stocks... Any recommendations? Of anything?
    Just ordered a ball pool as all my new ones are really into balls. Also bought the three item gadgets from elc - remote control, mobile phone and key ring - very popular with all ages here.
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a latch board from amazon last week it's been a big hit with all ages xx
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

sept 12
    Non childminder member
    Please select
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a pack of different coloured scarves from Amazon and they get used for allsorts - definitely my most popular toy/resource and the don't take batteries! :-D

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Rechargable torches are played with all ages everyday here,along with den making stuff, material, pegs cushions etc

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wheelbarrows ! Use them indoor, but mainly outdoor, use for everything, fiil with bird seed and nuts then wheel it around and fill up containers, transporting soil, bark,stones,slate, water etc...
    Tidying up is done quickly as they go around garden and fill WB with everything. Endless play spinning wheels when upside down, gathering leaves,weeds and proper garden work too.
    One LO likes to throw the balls into them, play how many things can I hide under them...guess what I have put under them and this week, a fairy small world created and just wheeled to different spots, one went to the lake to see the ducks!
    Endless fun...

6. Likes gef918 liked this post
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great! Will try all those ideas

Which rechargeable torches do you use?

I also have started collecting nesting dolls and buy a set a month or so. ,Often on eBay) I keep them all in a big box and they spend ages taking them apart and putting them back together.

The dark den recommended on here was a great buy too.

Post Thanks / Like

A large washing machine box free from currys made door one side for getting in and out one side has large window for puppet theatre play and another has lots of letter box size holes at different angles for putting post through, covered smaller box with red paper and made post box with clock for time of next post added lots of different writing resources including envelopes, paper, post cards, post it's, old Christmas and b'day cards bought 100 1p stamps, old satchel and rucksack for delivery.This has amused and been played with by 11 children for 3weeks from 2 - 12 years and they all on leaving last week asked if it will be here for next time!! They have also been "writing" letters at home to post x

9. Likes FloraDora, gef918 liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Igot mine from tts with money from a grant so not cheap but so worth their weight in gold. I'm sure there are cheaper options if you search the net though.

Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

It's trains, trains, trains and more trains here at the moment. Looking to buy a water tower or crane to expand the set.

Fortunately, I love playing with trains too.

12. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    09/2012
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Empty boxes always a winner, or go to a carpet shop and ask for a tube from the rolls of carpet, great for posting cars and balls down. I made balls by wrapping flour in cling film and covering with balloons very tactile and work as a great stress reliever when your pre teen son is doing his best to wind you up!

Post Thanks / Like

Wev had lots of trees come down so iv now got new balancing logs and some stump stools for the garden x

15. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Great ideas thanks.

The box house sounds amazing!

Another new thing I'm using is a large white board with 'what your child is doing these days' on the middle and bubbles for each child round the edge. Just activities/ resources written on not categories or anything. Rub out and update as needed. Parents like it.