Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quitting

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default quitting

after 4 years of constant problems with Ofsted and malicious complaints made to them by my ex husband and now sister in law (all proven due to email addresses and phone numbers being given to Ofsted and them matching) iv decided to resign my registration the decision hasn't been easy however due to a unannounced inspection yesterday which was not down to a complaint I may add they just turned up (this being my my 3rd in 3 years)I was given inadequate due to my car insurance being in my husbands name as hes the registered owner, and the 2 inspectors causing my 3 year old son to need medical treatment for a panic attack due to his intense fear of strangers something I explained to them and requested they left the house while I arranged for my son to go to my sisters which they refused to do, then a mindee being sick all over the dining room again I asked what they could do regards me needing to return the child home due to illness their response we've got a inspection to finish and apparently I didn't keep a folder containing my complaints history and outcomes ?? so the entire folder I gave to her that she couldn't be bothered to look at didn't contain everything she needed with regards complaints this was given to her again when she gave her running commentary of the outcome and her answer well you should have pointed this out during the inspection thatll be because im psychic and knew she hadn't looked at this
    iv now been signed off sick due to stress by my gp as im 6 weeks pregnant and have started spotting
    who do I need to inform of my decision, can I do this while im off sick and what rights have I got refusing entry to Ofsted if they turn up again a) whilst im on sick (bed rest) and b) when I quit
    iv also referred the inspectors to my local safeguarding team as I believe very strongly their behaviour and refusal to leave the house whilst I calmed my son was emotional cruelty on my son and caused medical treatment something my safeguarding team have taken very seriously and are visiting me today to discuss the referral in depth

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg im so sorry to hear you have been treated so appallingly.

I believe the only people you need to contact are ofsted. Im sure they are the last ones you want contact with right now too.

All I can say is I wish you the best and hope your decision will help with the healing process.

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hugs, I'm so sorry you have had this happen, I hope things settle down. I'm sorry that I have no real advice for you. x

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So sorry to hear you've had to go through all this. It sounds horrendous. Don't know what else to say but sending hugs to you and your son.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

This is awful to read. The most important thing you can do is take care of yourself and you son. Personally if I'd already made a decision to quit then the question of Ofsted entering my house would not exist - I simply would not allow them in again. I would make a formal complaint regarding this 'inspection' too. It may not help you but perhaps could save others from having to go through this terrible experience.

Take the rest you need and look after your son and your baby. Try not to worry about anything else. I hope you get the unreserved apology you deserve.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no you said last week that you were worried about them coming while you were off sick - so sorry to hear you had such a horrible time - my car insurance was also in my husbands name until recently, no one ever disputed this - I was down as a named driver and I had business use. I completely understand why you are considering giving up childminding, hope it will be a weight off your mind and you can concentrate on your family and your pregnancy.

Nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor you...... Can't believe people can be malicious like that!! I am a bit concerned over car insurance ..... My partner owns my car although I am the main driver and class 1 so is this wrong!!???
    If your certain you are going to quit then do so and If I was off sick day off I don't see why Ofsted would need to come in.....so if they turn up just don't let them in.. If you have no mindees why would they need to. Just chill and look after yourself and baby :0)

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe what you have been put through. Make a formal com against the inspectors and yes complain to social services. inspectors should have to take into account a child's SEN needs and they breached this. I hope the lo had the vomiting bug!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle View Post
    after 4 years of constant problems with Ofsted and malicious complaints made to them by my ex husband and now sister in law (all proven due to email addresses and phone numbers being given to Ofsted and them matching) iv decided to resign my registration the decision hasn't been easy however due to a unannounced inspection yesterday which was not down to a complaint I may add they just turned up (this being my my 3rd in 3 years)I was given inadequate due to my car insurance being in my husbands name as hes the registered owner, and the 2 inspectors causing my 3 year old son to need medical treatment for a panic attack due to his intense fear of strangers something I explained to them and requested they left the house while I arranged for my son to go to my sisters which they refused to do, then a mindee being sick all over the dining room again I asked what they could do regards me needing to return the child home due to illness their response we've got a inspection to finish and apparently I didn't keep a folder containing my complaints history and outcomes ?? so the entire folder I gave to her that she couldn't be bothered to look at didn't contain everything she needed with regards complaints this was given to her again when she gave her running commentary of the outcome and her answer well you should have pointed this out during the inspection thatll be because im psychic and knew she hadn't looked at this
    iv now been signed off sick due to stress by my gp as im 6 weeks pregnant and have started spotting
    who do I need to inform of my decision, can I do this while im off sick and what rights have I got refusing entry to Ofsted if they turn up again a) whilst im on sick (bed rest) and b) when I quit
    iv also referred the inspectors to my local safeguarding team as I believe very strongly their behaviour and refusal to leave the house whilst I calmed my son was emotional cruelty on my son and caused medical treatment something my safeguarding team have taken very seriously and are visiting me today to discuss the referral in depth
    This is incredibly distressing for you....have you contacted your EY team just to report it? do you belong to an association you could report this to?

If you have decided to resign you have nothing to lose and you must raise this with Ofsted themselves as you have the name of the inspector, which company she belongs to Tribal or Prospect...let Ofsted investigate especially now they are going to change the rules on complaint driven inspections

There is or was no need for you to be inspected so often when new cms are waiting up to 2 years for their first inspection and Ofsted failing to re-inspect inadequate setting within the mandatory 6 months...these are rules they themselves have put in guidance.

I would find out the name of the Ofsted person in charge of Compliance and report it.....or you could write to Lorna Fitzjohn who is the new Ofsted Director for Childminding
    The only way to stop this is to report it

10. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No advice as not in uk just wanted to send hugs., you bubs and your son are most important so look after yourselves x

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

just wanted to send hugs

I was reported in december and it was hell. People can be so nasty.

Look after yourself xxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Why does the car insurance matter if it's in your husbands name , assuming you were a named driver with business cover ?

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum
    Mandy xx

14. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle View Post

Firstly I am so sorry you have had this experience and big hugs.

Secondly with regard to the highlighted bit. They CAN NOT give you an inadequate grading just for having your car insured in your husband's name as the first driver. As long as the care is insured correctly for childminding and you are a named driver that is ALL that is required. I spent the first 10 years of childminding sharing a car with my husband and every other year it was insured in his name so we could both maintain our own no claims history.

Secondly with regard to your son. terrible and you have done the right thing.

With regard to the whole process I would have been on the phone to Tribal or Prospects about your son and their refusal to leave for a few mins toi allow you the time to sort out.

May I ask why they did an unannounced visit? we you due a return visit within a certain time because of the complaints?

I would advise not to resin your registration now on a low. I would lodge a complaint about the insurance it is wrong and you need it changed and you need your grading changed as well if this was the ONLY factor that reduced your grade. You need to follow the inspecting companies complaints procedure. I know it will be the last thing you want to do at the moment but it will help other cm if you do because we have got to stop inspectors making judgments that are incorrect.

If you feel you need a break, keep your registration going but take a break and allow yourself some thinking time. Remember how hard it will be to re register in the future, especially with the Agency thing going on.

Keep your chin up and don't let them get away with this.

16. Likes hectors house, The Juggler, Daftbat liked this post
    Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Tinkerbelle, how awful for you, sending hugs x
    This whole car insurance thing has me worried.
    Mine is in hubby's name, with me, spouse as other person entitled to drive. my name isn't on the certificate, i'm just spouse.
    So we requested change of use and it is now business class transfer. I got them to send me a sepearate letter confirming that I (they used my name) was covered for transportation of child minded children under the business use of the policy.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sending big hugs, it sounds like you've been through a nightmare....I would definitely lodge a compliant as they way they treated your son goes against everything they are supposed to stand for.......the child?

I too don't understand the car insurance thing, that sounds wrong....I don't drive my dh's car for work due to his company not insuring me for business but if they did decide to cover me, the car would be in his name because its his car. Where did they get these facts from?

Ofsted are just bullies, that's the fact of it> They are no help and just come into our homes and tear us to pieces. Truthfully, I think you are better off out if it. I know it will be Ofsted that make me give in when I decide to do it. The kids are fantastic to look after but there's far too much pressure from Ofsted in my opinion. A lot of us live in fear for that knock on the door.

Hope you get some rest and think about yourself.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Youve had some great advixe here, im so sorry youve had to go through this. Sending hugs xxx
    If all else fails......add glitter!

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Might as well re-name Ofsted the 'Gestapo' as they act like it! So sorry you've had so much trouble. Don't resign as it would mean that they (the ex and family) would have won. You can take a break from it. Hope the Safeguarding team wipe the floor with those inspectors!
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

21. Likes rickysmiths, Tulip liked this post
    Jul 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, so sorry to hear of this. Hope you and your baby are doing well. Well done you for reporting to the safeguarding team. The inspector is disgusting. I made a formal complaint about my inspection once. It went as far as the inspectors manager pulling her and having a team meeting regarding her behaviour. I was asked if this was satisfactory or if I wanted to take it further. I was happy to leave it at that. In your case - take it further. Go the whole hog. You have nothing to lose. It's so crap that you have to fight to keep your reputation intact just because some ex inlaws are spiteful. Right now you have to think about the stress levels and what it's doing to you and your baby. Don't let this slide under the carpet though. At least get a letter together and make a start of writing your complaint. Good luck with everything. xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi thanks for the support the thing with the car insurance because my husband took the finance out its obviously in his name and the insurance documents are in his name with me as a named driver i gave ofsted the required paperwork and because it was a print out from email not original papers and the insurance wasnt registered as a business car in solely my name they stated that i wasnt safeguarding the children i contacted the insurance company whilst ofsted was here to confirm to them it was a business insurance and i was insured but they couldnt tell them anything nor me due to data protection with it being in my husbands name, iv contacted our local early years team who have confirmed that this has happened to 2 other minders in my area and is becoming more common
    iv had a response from safegaurding and they have made a complaint to ofsted due to the situation they put my son in my early years team have been brilliant and are bringing me paperwork out today to look at but tbh i really cant be bothered with ofsted anymore iv contacted a agency this lunchtime and it all sounds brilliant they are coming out next week with a view to me signing with them in september when everything gets up and running which will aleviate ofsted turning up unnanounced etc this alone sends me into a panic and i get palpitations
    but in the mean time im going to take a break from work i start uni in april doing a law degree and concentrate on my 5 kids i currently have and the new baby xx

24. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

absolutely terrible that you have been treated this way, and your poor son . I am so happy your early years team are being supportive xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast