How to word message to non payer
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How to word message to non payer

I'm about to text a parent who should have paid me yesterday as a reminder (she pays every Sunday for the following week).

I don't have her children this week as she has taken a week off work, she didn't realise that this would be classed as a holiday and when I spoke to her on Friday I compromised and said I'd charge 50% as a one off. I'm wondering if she's going to make a fuss about having to pay me so I need to word a text that is polite but firm, can anyone please make any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

How u get round this is say

Hi ...... Just a wee reminder your invoice is over due and if u could arrange payment today that be very much appreciated
    Many thanks

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I always think it's best to phone if you can as they can easily ignore a text message.

If you do text I would say "hi. Checking bank account and see that your payment isn't showing up. Just want to make sure it was made yesterday as agreed".

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to both of you, I do think a phone call would be more effective but I hate talking about money! I think I will text first and if she hasn't paid by this evening give her a call.

Registered Childminder since
    Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you hear back from parent? I'm like you in that I hate discussing money with parents.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I did, she apologised and said that she hadn't budgeted for paying me this week so could I wait until tomorrow. I said that it was fine but suggested that we meet to discuss the terms of the contract do she knows for sure what she should be paying.

It's slightly complicated because these are before and after school children but she also wanted school holiday care, I gave her two payment options to choose from at the start, she chose to pay full for her own hols and nothing for mine and when she told me she didn't need me for Feb half term I don't think she realised she was using a holiday. As a compromise I've said she can just pay 50% as a retainer this time.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a copy of her contract with the holiday payments highlighted alongside her next bill would be a good reminder x

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I think that's a good idea, when she came for an initial visit I did ask her to take the contract away and read it before signing but she insisted in doing it there and then (she did get her own copy to take away). I'm thinking of adding to my parent pack a brief "bullet point" section containing the important stuff like this.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the information not in your Policies? I give all my parents a copy of them.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a payment policy but the smaller details are in the contract i.e retainer fees, term time only payments. I do talk through it at the point where we sign paperwork but I think sometimes parents don't really listen and then question you when the bill comes in!

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I do a terms and conditions sheet - about 10 things I feel are really important listed as bullet points - they stand out better that way

12. Likes lynncjt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like that idea, it's just narrowing it down to the main points that'll be tricky but I would come in really useful.

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

The first one is payment date and ways they can pay. The second is that if their child does not attend for any reason, they still pay. After that I say that their child cannot come if they've got V or D for 2 days after it's finished. For me, those are my biggest bugs that parents seem to 'forget'