Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Is there no way you can book on a st johns ambulance or other course before it runs out?
    I thought this too, can't you book with another company that provides paediatric first aid courses? Then you're covered, as I'd hate to think you got marked down for something like that x
    Kelly xx

Post Thanks / Like

It's a requirement of registration to keep up to date first aid...I understand everything you are saying, and appreciate the overlap isn't going to make you forget anything, but you have to think worse case scenario! Even if ofsted don't query anything, what if there is an accident, parent complains, your insurance is invalid, and you risk loosing your registration. Whilst this may be a little over the top, and I hope nothing ever like this happens to any CM, you have to follow registration terms otherwise you risk a lot.

It's worth trying to find any kind of course to do before then, anything, I know how expensive they are, however that's part and parcel of the job! Xx

3. Likes Mouse liked this post
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not about not being able to take the time off work it's about not being legal to work without a certificate. :-( I hope you get it sorted. Even taking 2 days off to do it ASAP is better than taking 2 weeks off isn't it? Good luck

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

A Childminder friend of mine was inspected last year, the inspector noticed that the first aid was out of date by a week and wouldn't leave the house until she'd booked herself on another. She then told my friend she was unable to continue working until she'd gone on the course. This may be worst case scenario and I know that you've already booked a course but I'd definitely let Ofsted know the situation before they come. Be one step ahead xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybeaa View Post
    A Childminder friend of mine was inspected last year, the inspector noticed that the first aid was out of date by a week and wouldn't leave the house until she'd booked herself on another. She then told my friend she was unable to continue working until she'd gone on the course. This may be worst case scenario and I know that you've already booked a course but I'd definitely let Ofsted know the situation before they come. Be one step ahead xx
    I think this is an excellent point, the inconsistencies of Ofsted mean that we can't say to you, it's ok, you will be fine, because actually what you are doing isn't right, I think unless you get written confirmation from Ofsted before hand, that they accept you are going on first aid, you will most likely be down graded to inadequate. Even if you tell them now, you may still get down graded. Your absolute best option is to find another first aid course xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12