Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NEF funding problem

I wish I never signed up to the NEF funding…

I submitted all the forms within the deadlines and I have still have not received any funding.

Rang them today only to discover that I will get the 100% funding at the end of March! They acknowledged that they received all the paperwork on time but I slipped through the system?

So after my telephone conversation today, I submitted a complaint by email and provided information on time/dates I submitted the forms. I now have to wait 14 working days for a response to my complaint.

My problem is now if I don’t receive any of the funding until the end of March, how I’m I supposed to provide ‘care and education’ until then?

Has anyone else had this situation before? Any advice would be appreciated.

Nina who is not amused…

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

It is quite common.
    We have estimates that we submit approx two weeks before the term starts. The problem is that should you have a parent approach you for a funded place after the estimates do in then yes you don't get any money until the end of the term. I usually put extra money away in the good months which help in the leaner months until funding comes through.

Deb
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.