Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Mum not happy

Registered Childminder since
    aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mum not happy

So lo arrived and I could see he was not right. Very fragile and cried easily. He has this habit of moan/crying with his mouth open and watches the dribble pour out of his mouth. Put him to bed as he was tired. Then he got up and really not happy. After lunch he threw himself onto bed. When I left him he screamed so I had him with me. Didn't want to sleep of play of be cuddled. Phoned mum and said hd should go home. Others get up and the monster decided he was well. Runs around with others and not so miserable. So I had to explain that yes at lunch time he was not well She was not pleased but he was not well. Also I am sure he had calpol the morning before. Why do they do this to us. Now I feel bad for asking him to go early.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a similar 2 year old here today, not himself, very sensitive, didn't want his snack, got upset because someone else sat in his chair - his mum said he had been up since 5 am, so although he normally sleeps after lunch, I asked him if he wanted to go up to bed, he said yes, slept for 2 hours, came down a different child - ate all lunch and was full of beans. I only send them home if they are sick - have only ever phoned parents 3 times in 18 years of childminding to collect a poorly child, we just muddle on through, adapt our day to suit the child's needs.

3. Likes FloraDora, primula liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don't feel bad! sometimes they need to be home. Hugs xx

Nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't feel bad ....i had a mindee who threw up her lunch..... Mum said she ate it to quickly......she phoned an hour later so i could hear her running about in background!

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Lo came this morning. Mum said I was right to ring. He had been out of sorts the rest of the day. Slept loads. Very difficult. Said to ring again if not well !!! I feel much better. I don't send them home easily but I knew from the way hd cried he needed mum.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE="jackie 7;1342039"]Lo came this morning. Mum said I was right to ring. He had been out of sorts the rest of the day. Slept loads. Very difficult. Said to ring again if not well !!! I feel much better. I don't send them home easily but I knew from the way hd cried he needed mum.[/QUOTE

Definitely did the right thing we know them well enough to know if ok with us and tlc or need to be at home

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Trust your instincts, we know these kids very well and know if they're 'off it' just the same as parents can just tell too, and you were right!x
    Kelly xx