why o why
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: why o why

Post Thanks / Like

Default why o why

Do parents send children in this weather in summer fleeces!! 2 year old girl little fleece no hat gloves ...thankgod for spares.....freezing on the school nursery run ...drives me mad ! Fed up of asking please can u send them in a winter coat we are not indoors most of the day ......

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

have you had an open conversation with the parents about what clothing you deem suitable? They might not realise how much time you spend outside and assume you travel everywhere by car with limited time in the fresh air.

If however you have already done this let them know that you have a duty of care to the child and as such you will send them home to get the appropriate clothing should it happen again.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll give odds of 33-1 that the parents drive a car?

4. Likes Kiddleywinks, Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Conversation had many times plus polite reminders by text most weeks and face to face....yes said parent always in a car with gloves and hat on and BIG WINTER COAT grrrr lol. Surely its common sense to wrap your little ones up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicjelley View Post
    Conversation had many times plus polite reminders by text most weeks and face to face....yes said parent always in a car with gloves and hat on and BIG WINTER COAT grrrr lol. Surely its common sense to wrap your little ones up
    that is my pet hate!! it really angers me when i see the adults in warm buttoned up coats, scarf s gloves etc and kids in a little coat undone no warm up items . ahhhhhhh !

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

What is so difficult for them? It's winter, bring a coat and hat.. Honestly!! Just put it in a bag!!!

Gloves are fiddly and I only use them if it is very cold.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't get it. I'm sure common sense is severely lacking. When my DS went to a CM I had to drive 45mins to get to her but I always took British weather appropriate clothing with him, all sorts of stuff "just in case", you never know what's going to happen. Take yesterday, cold but lovely and sunny morning, by the afternoon school run it was tipping down with rain. Did all mindees have coats with hoods? - No. Did all mindees have waterproof shoes? - No. Honestly parents, it's winter, bring appropriate clothing, it's not difficult.

xx

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Perhaps a change in policy asking parents to provide hats, gloves, coats and leave them with you? I have this for one of my LOs, just so much easier.

Post Thanks / Like

They are asked to leave a bag of spare colthes, hat, gloves, sunhat,wellies etc when they sign contracts ....for all my others i have everything i could ever need plus extras ....just this one seems to blatantly ignore me . Funnily enough just had a text of mum saying shes had to pick 5yr old sister of the 2 yr old (also always dressed for summer) up from school and take her to the doctors as shes got a bad chest ...perfect opportunity to have yet another moan about winter clothing when she collects the little one ! Even though i only asked her last night ....again !!!!!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Could be an unintended consequence of bombarding parents with the latest bit of ever-changing advice on sudden infant death syndrome. Enough to confuse anyone. Maybe they don't want to risk over-heating the lo until they're, say, 18 years old???

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicjelley View Post
    Do parents send children in this weather in summer fleeces!! 2 year old girl little fleece no hat gloves ...thankgod for spares.....freezing on the school nursery run ...drives me mad ! Fed up of asking please can u send them in a winter coat we are not indoors most of the day ......
    If a child arrives at my house like that they get sent home for suitable clothing. Simple.

They know I have to go out and that I walk and I list on their contract what I expect them to provide.

I don't have spares, I don't have the room to store stuff to cater for all age groups. I do have rain capes and a few spare pairs of gloves for older children and that is it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post

If a child arrives at my house like that they get sent home for suitable clothing. Simple.

They know I have to go out and that I walk and I list on their contract what I expect them to provide.

I don't have spares, I don't have the room to store stuff to cater for all age groups. I do have rain capes and a few spare pairs of gloves for older children and that is it.
    What a fab idea ...think ill be writing this into the bit on the contract about suitable clothing and asking them to sign it !