Penalties for unregistered child minding.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    It's all rather too easy to write off the opinions and experiences of others by labelling them "cynical", isn't it?

I'm just about old enough to remember when education was about opening up one's mind to ideas and experiences that are beyond one's own, rather than the pursuit of a means unto an end.
    I was not writing off your opinion at all...just asking you to consider what others feel

We can go round in circles on this subject...we will have to agree to disagree
    I never said qualifications make a better practitioner but there are gains to be had from knowledge of theory and how to put it in practice
    What I have said is that those who provide unregistered care do not offer a safe environment in terms of safeguarding children ...they work illegally and parents support the practice because it saves them money

Yes education is about opening one's mind ...I respect those who feel they do not care much qualifications but I would like that respected in return for those who consider them valuable

Dawn100..the content of the current NVQ is under investigation as it has been reported to be poor and many learning little from it
    Nutbrown raised it ....as have many others even in the Sound Foundation recent report...and the new EYE is supposed to address that...we will have to wait and see if it does the job

I also agree with you Ofsted should consider care too not just education...the 2 are inseparable but that is exactly what the govt is doing by sending 2 year olds into school because they think they will get better education and we are left to do the care

In the end it is our choice whether to study or not
    Last edited by Simona; 27-01-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I can't get link to attach but there is an Ofsted document called "childminding for friends" published in 2011 - where it clarifies that if no money changes hand then you don't have to register, even though technically it is payment in kind (I'll look after your kids, you look after mine).
    Totally correct!

3. Likes Ripeberry liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12