Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cross

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nipper View Post
    I rang the school and explained the situation. I could tell the Deputy Head was disappointed and then I said I was withdrawing my application.

Must employ the mushroom method next time (keep them in the dark and feed them **** from time to time...sorry just making the most of a crappy situation).
    or next time explain situation to employer and ask if there is any leeway on interview dates??
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    ok, i was in this position last year. however, I did have lots of weeks notice as the interview date was in the application form. I had to prebook the date and then cancel if I wasn't called for interview. I didn't tell parents I had a job interview, I said it was a hospital appt. I think 2 days notice is unacceptable (did they not say the interview date in the job advert???).

however, next time, in your application I'd explain my current job and say that due to personal circumstances you could not attend an interview at less than a week's notice. i told one interviewer last year that it would be easier for me on a thurs as I didn't have any children and they held the interviews on a thurs - for everyone! So if you don't ask you don't get.

Sorry you missed out this time. i sometimes think too much honesty can be a bad thing. I got offered my job and turned it down in the end so I'm really glad I didn't say where I was going that day.
    Juggler, no there was no mention of the shortlisting or interview dates on the council website but I will know to ask next time. And yes, in my next letter of application I intend to say that I require more than 48hrs notice of interview because of working parents having to arrange alternative childcare.

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I asked if they could do Friday and she said she would ask the Head but then I heard the Sec saying he was out for the day.

Maybe if they don't appoint anyone they'll call me in...

4. Likes caz3007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey you live you and learn, good luck for future applications x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12