Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: dinner money

Registered Childminder since
    21Dec11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default dinner money

I wonder if any childminders have the responsibility of paying dinner money for mindees?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Emmalou77 View Post
    I wonder if any childminders have the responsibility of paying dinner money for mindees?
    Not sure what you mean. I will if the child is in nursery or reception hand in the monies for them but from year 1 upwards they start to hand it in themselves. But if the child was forgetful I will remind them at the door.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

At our school from when they first start the children hand it in themselves in an envelope which the parent writes on to say what child is having and what days x

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you mean to pay their dinner money out of your pocket? If so, absolutely no way.
    If a parent is expecting you to do that they need a good shake!
    love Sarah.

5. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

If in a envelope and you hand into office yes but if out own money NO lol

21Dec11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to be so vague. Parents pay dinner money out of their own pocket but don't give correct amount, school don't give out change and I don't think it's my job to change monies at shop in order to give school correct amount. I know that it's difficult for those parents that work all day five days a week but this parent does split shift giving her a good three hours at home to sort it out her self! Rant over, thanks for listening x

Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say to parents I'm happy to hand in envelopes containing money but as you have children to care for you don't have the time to be changing up money so you can hand in on their behalf.
    My own dd has school dinners which have to be paid by the start of the week correct money in sealed envelopes no change given, I pay it monthly in advance, it saves me the faff of finding the correct change every week, sometimes I pay by chq for the month maybe find out if the school accepts chqs and who they need to be paid to(here for dinner money it's not the school it has to be paid to) and if they would accept payment in advance monthly suggest these options to parents.

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I do, but I only hand it in as it is. It's meant to be correct change in a named envelope here, but parent just hands over a note, so I hand it to the teacher like that too.

If the school have a problem with it, they will contact the parent. I wouldn't have time to change money (although, I might be tempted to if it meant I could buy a big bar of galaxy out of parents money in order to break the note...;D)
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

My school likes payment online. minumum £10 payment. We get two menus per year. Each time I get my child to decide what he wants each week, then I work out the totalish cost got the half yer, and pay it all in one go. Sometimes she doesn't want a school dinner on a particular day, and the money stays on her account.

We did all get letters this week to say that if parents did not send in school dinner money, or pay online, that the school gets suck with the cost. I spect some parents thought that the fairies would pay.

In regard to the original question, I would remind the child to hand in, or drop off at office. If the secretary ever questioned the incorrect money , I would just pull that special knowing face us childminders pull with school staff!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emmalou77 View Post
    Sorry to be so vague. Parents pay dinner money out of their own pocket but don't give correct amount, school don't give out change and I don't think it's my job to change monies at shop in order to give school correct amount. I know that it's difficult for those parents that work all day five days a week but this parent does split shift giving her a good three hours at home to sort it out her self! Rant over, thanks for listening x
    Do you think the school might crawl slowly into the 20th century and start accepting those new-fangled cheque-thingies before someone breaks in to remove all that cash from the office?

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post

Do you think the school might crawl slowly into the 20th century and start accepting those new-fangled cheque-thingies before someone breaks in to remove all that cash from the office?
    Surely you mean the new-fangled -cheque-soon-to-be-phased-out-thingies don't you?

(And OMG that was a faff to type on the phone!!!)

13. Likes bunyip liked this post