Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Garden ideas

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Garden ideas

I need inspiration for what to do with my garden. It's currently very badly concreted and although safe looks awful!

We've been saving like mad and have £5000 put aside to do it up (want to spend less as after the garden were doing the kitchen and I have expensive plans for that!).

Do i block pave it, get artificial grass or a mix of both? My gut instinct is to do both of them. It's a good sized garden and with a bit of effort could look lovely but neither DH or I enjoy gardening so it needs to be as low effort as possible.

Any ideas? What looks good but isn't too expensive?
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Id def do both, then if you have craw, ers they have something soft to play on.

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a grant which I used for artificial turf. It will have been down three years this August. It is brill like walking on carpet. It was laid professional the company was called nomow. Even after the rain we have had it was dry by 10am yesterday so we could play in the garden.
    Deb
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My priorities would be to create an undercover area for all weathers (sunshade and rain protection- awning, sails, sloping roof on pillars or something). Also outdoor resource storage that is watertight and accessible, I get so annoyed with things going rusty or spoiling in the continual damp we have for most of the year.