Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Few reg questions and food.

Hi
    I am in the process of registering now and I have a couple of questions if you don't mind?
    First of all I am filling in the registration booklet and I am not sure what to put for the question: How will you make sure you meet the space requirements?

I have just put about allowing children to access our yard and visiting the parks (I have 2 very near, one at either end of our road)

Also when they ask about numbers I am not sure how to say how many I am applying for as I understand it to be 6 under 8, 3 of which can be under 5 and 1 of those 3 could be under 1 however my little one is under 1 so until May I couldn't have an under 1 anyway. Is that right?

And last question those of you who provide food do you make everything from scratch? We have to make a lot ourselves anyway as my daughter has multiple allergies but I hate cooking and I am looking to save as much time as possible. I'm thinking things like past sauces, pies etc?

Thanks

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Space requirements are explained here - Space Requirements - EYFS 2012

Numbers - yes you apply for 6 under 8 - then take your own child out of numbers when advertising.

Food - Ofsted expect you to promote healthy eating - but not to be superwoman! Most cms use packet sauces and quick recipe ideas I think.

Good luck!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

That's brilliant. Thank you
    I'm getting excited now!

Glitter Guest

You do not have to provide food, you can ask parents to provide it, although most parents do seem to prefer you to make meals.

I know some child minders do make everything from scratch (I have a lot of respect for them!), but I use jars of pasta sauce, fish fingers, baked beans and sometimes oven chips.

Also most of the foods I offer don't take much cooking e.g. cheese on toast, sandwiches, baked potatoes, pasta salads, and scrambled egg. They are all served with fruit and veg and are healthy, but are quick to prepare.

Good luck with your registration.

Post Thanks / Like

When I'm registered I plan to cook lots of 'one pot' meals, I have a slow cooker and they're so handy! Might be worth a shot if you don't like cooking

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I definitely want to provide food I am just a little too lazy to make everything from scratch, I don't mind the odd few things just nit everything. I like the one pot idea

Post Thanks / Like

Meatballs are easy - either make your own or buy the ready made ones and a jar of bolognaise sauce.
    Pre packed soup mix £1 a bag in asda
    They are my 2 short cuts

Sept08
    Post Thanks / Like

I make most of our food from scratch but its generally very easy stuff to make like casseroles ad stews etc, I use the slow cooker a lot or cook more than I need at tea time and then keep some over for the minded children's lunch next day and reheat (using a food probe t make sure its at the right temperature.

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    I make most of our food from scratch but its generally very easy stuff to make like casseroles ad stews etc, I use the slow cooker a lot or cook more than I need at tea time and then keep some over for the minded children's lunch next day and reheat (using a food probe t make sure its at the right temperature.
    Ooh a food probe, I want one of those