Do you recieve vouchers from computershare?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you recieve vouchers from computershare?

CAn you tell me if it is possible to set up automatic payment dates with this company?

I have a parent who is late every month and tbh I'm sick of it. It's very few hours so I know she thinks it doesn't really matter and always has an excuse. This month she told me they were way until the 30th I said that's ok as long as the tau ate the vouchers that very same day. Well I've still heard nothing. Have emailed a polite reminder saying they must pay ASAP to avoid a late charge but still nothing. And so I'm cross.

I'd like to suggest they set up automatic payment but not sure if it's possible to do that when the invoice is different each month.

Jul 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I get payment from computershare straight into my bank but I average my payments out over 12 months so the amount each month is the same. I don't know if you can do it when payments change each month.

Ring computershare yourself and ask the question.
    Love Amanda

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Same as above.But I think parents can put the date the payment is due.Like a standing order?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
    CAn you tell me if it is possible to set up automatic payment dates with this company?

I have a parent who is late every month and tbh I'm sick of it. It's very few hours so I know she thinks it doesn't really matter and always has an excuse. This month she told me they were way until the 30th I said that's ok as long as the tau ate the vouchers that very same day. Well I've still heard nothing. Have emailed a polite reminder saying they must pay ASAP to avoid a late charge but still nothing. And so I'm cross.

I'd like to suggest they set up automatic payment but not sure if it's possible to do that when the invoice is different each month.
    Yes it is possible but it is the parents who have to set it up
    Work out the date you wish to be paid by...say 1st of the month...and the parents can set up an automatic transfer every 27th of the month before to get into your account as it saves them the time to log in each month and avoids them forgetting.
    Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I had a problem with computer share.

The vouchers get issued to the parents when they are paid from what I gather. Then they have to submit the voucher so it comes into our computer share account.

I had mine set up for the 28th. However 1 month 1 mum forgot to send her voucher. She didnt do it till the 1st. By the 7th I asked.. she said she had sent it so I rang them. As I had set the payment date up to be the 28th, it wouldn't have been sent to my account till the 28th of that month. I had to change it to daily so as soon as she sent the voucher it would hit my account 3 days later.

Does that make sence. Not sure if it answers your question. I would ask her to pay you cash and not use the vouchers if shes being a pain or ask for it on time xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My parents don't have vouchers, money straight into their account by wages and on the 28th each month computershare pay me.

Could it be that the parent pays more than the voucher of £243 and therefore she has to manually release it because it is different each time?
    Debbie

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all. Their employer actually uses a different company now ( edenred) but because the bill is so small, they are still using the old computershare ones to pay me. The bill is actually only between £100 & £150 but they have a stockpile of vouchers to get through so we have no waiting of wages to be docked. The just don't do it! And I'm cross! I have late fees but that's not the point, I want to be paid on time.

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

For the three voucher companies that my parents use, all their money arrives in my account on the 5th or 6th. RG can be even later.

Is this how the voucher companies make their money by sitting on the account (and my money) for a few day?

Simona Guest

Thanks all. Their employer actually uses a different company now ( edenred) but because the bill is so small, they are still using the old computershare ones to pay me. The bill is actually only between £100 & £150 but they have a stockpile of vouchers to get through so we have no waiting of wages to be docked. The just don't do it! And I'm cross! I have late fees but that's not the point, I want to be paid on time.
    Minstrel...that explains why the parents are late because they have to 'manually' send the money to you each month which as you say can vary
    They are using up the money in CS that has accumulated so the parent is forgetting to log on and send you the money

A standing order can only be set up if parents pay you the same amount each month either £243 or £124 (for those on higher income)

CVs are an employer scheme and each month the employer sends the right amount to the CV company they deal with before the parents get their wages
    When the money is authorised to get to you the Cv company usually send an email the following day then release the money to you the following day which should get to you within 3 to 5 working days...not counting weekends or Bank Holidays

Yes they sit on the money longer than we would like but they also take a charge from the parents...that is how they make a profit
    get the parent to pay you ASAP

God only knows how the new childcare tax scheme will work in 2015!

Post Thanks / Like

Could you ask for an amount upfront as the moneys sitting there. I.e .. £300 then you can just deduct so then you can just gibe back any left over?

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Simona.

I'm aware of how they work. I receive vouchers from many parents over the years from almost all the companies including computershare. I'm just ****** off and sounding off.

I wondering what the problem is and why they can't pay on time. If they are all built up ready to use then they could have paid it before they went away. Mum is making it sound like they can only activate on the first of each month and this isn't true! Argh!!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by starschildmind View Post
    Could you ask for an amount upfront as the moneys sitting there. I.e .. £300 then you can just deduct so then you can just gibe back any left over?
    You can ask the parents to settle your outstanding fees ASAP by other means such as BAC/cheque/cash for this month from her own account and then she can use the CVs next month
    Because she has money accumulated there she can pay what she likes...many parents have CVs but use them only during the holidays for childcare...they pay most of the fees out of the accumulated funds
    Cvs do not pay any interest so parents are just not gaining anything by paying you late...ask 'nicely' but tell her you need your fees settled...NOW!!

Good luck! and let us know how you get on

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a simple system. Pay me late once and you get a warning, twice and you pay a late fee, three times and you pay me weekly in cash, no vouchers cash.

14. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    I have a simple system. Pay me late once and you get a warning, twice and you pay a late fee, three times and you pay me weekly in cash, no vouchers cash.
    I do sometimes make allowances for late payments...just to show willing.... but I cannot understand why CVs cannot be paid on time? it really bugs me!!

16. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I receive computer share vouchers off one family. The parent got paid on the last Thursday of each month and only did the vouchers then, but then they didn't clear til 3rd or 4th of the month. (Should be the 1st)
    I spoke to them in the end and they paid me cash for one month so they had extra vouchers in the account. Now they release the vouchers on 25th each month so it will clear by 1st of the month.
    X

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

The parent I get them from has just left and the vouchers were forever late, she showed me she had authorised it but it just was soooo slow

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my parents changed from computershare to fidelity they are ok but do take three working days from parent auctioning to actually receiving payment.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

To answer your original question, yes Computershare can handle automatic payments each month, so long as the parent sets it up for the same monthly amount. This isn't necessarily desirable: eg. if you do some addition hours/charges which tend to vary the total month on month.

If your client is switching to Edenred, then I'd avoid suggesting automatic payments until she's fully used up her remaining balance from Computershare. Otherwise she'll reach a point where she may be trying to pay more than she has funds for IYSWIM.

You have every reason to be cross. The voucher system is so easy for clients to use, there's no excuse for late payments. I often get paid early by one voucher-using client, as she receive the vouchers in her account before she gets the rest of her salary in her bank account. We really shouldn't have to suggest auto-payments to clients just cos they can't be 4rsed to pay us. I don't mind wiping children's bums but do we really have to do it for grown-ups? If they were paid late, they'd be straight on the blower to their HR dept. I really don't understand the mentality of someone who, already tapping away at their PC/laptop/smartphone/whatever, can't spare 5 minutes away from FB to send the vouchers to the CM who has spent 100+ hours keeping their little darling alive for the past month.

I have a very similar policy to Rickysmiths. Paying by voucher is a money-saving priviledge, not a goD-given human right. Parents understand that I'm serious about withdrawing that priviledge and therefore choose not to pi55 me off over payments.

21. Likes AliceK liked this post
    Simona Guest

We do have different views on this but I cannot understand why parents cannot take advantage of the Standing order facility when it comes to CVs in the same way that millions use Standing orders/direct debits to pay most bills?

Except that if we default on utilities and mortgages we pay the price but if parents default on fees payment nothing really happens because many CMs are very patient and understanding if not highly fed up with it!!

Come on... this is not spoon feeding anyone but just trying to make a professional relationship reciprocal even when it comes to paying for the services we offer!!

23. Likes AliceK liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SJ35 View Post
    I receive computer share vouchers off one family. The parent got paid on the last Thursday of each month and only did the vouchers then, but then they didn't clear til 3rd or 4th of the month. (Should be the 1st)
    I spoke to them in the end and they paid me cash for one month so they had extra vouchers in the account. Now they release the vouchers on 25th each month so it will clear by 1st of the month.
    X
    Whilst I sympathise with this, do please take care.

If we agree to accept vouchers as payment, the client is only responsible for ensuring their vouchers reach our voucher account by the agreed payment date. How long it takes our bank (which is acting as our "agent" - not the client's) to process the payment from the voucher company is not the client's problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast