Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  50
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childminding New Year's Resolutions

My childminding New Year's Resolution is that I will not buy any more resources unless they are absolutely vital

I have enough toys to open my own toy shop and enough craft equipment for every possible craft the children might want to do.

So, how long do you reckon it'll last? Hubby isn't convinced I'll even get to the end of the week

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're anything like me then it will be the weekend, I'm going shopping to spend money I had for Christmas and I'm bound to find something I NEED for childminding Will have to wait and see
    Cath

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha x I can relate to that one x

Mine is to not be so soft when invoicing lol x might last for February x n thats pushing it x

4. Likes Maza, The Juggler liked this post
    Glitter Guest

I think my resolution will have to be to write down my planning more as I normally do it in my head and never get it down on paper.

I agree with the not buying more resources- I really don't need any more plastic dinosaurs, even if they are on sale!

6. Likes loocyloo, cathtee, Maza liked this post
    Feb 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is to do things straight away and not say "i'll do that in a minute" and never get round to it untill the last minute.

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is stop buying buggies! just got a Joovy caboose! Already have an nipper double!

10. Likes Maza, watgem liked this post
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I think mine would be to keep my downstairs more organised and presentable - although as yet I haven't had my 'holiday sort-out' so there's still clutter everywhere.

I agree with resources - although I already have a little list going for things like more felt tips and little bits but am really going to try and restrain myself from big spends.

Also finances in general - keep on top of it a bit more - I know exactly what my income is week to week but no idea what my expenditure will be and I really should be putting money away for tax payments!

12. Likes Maza, watgem liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    My childminding New Year's Resolution is that I will not buy any more resources unless they are absolutely vital

I have enough toys to open my own toy shop and enough craft equipment for every possible craft the children might want to do.

So, how long do you reckon it'll last? Hubby isn't convinced I'll even get to the end of the week
    I went to the sales .... and bought .... a round the world jigsaw with children from the different countries round the edge!!! I also bought a mouse finger puppet on amazon ... ( but its not new year yet )

I have been very good and have been deleting the baker ross & yellow moon sale emails as soon as they arrive!

my childminding new years resolution ( as well as NOT buying ANY new resources! ) is to spend less time on paperwork outside of working hours and by default do less obs !!!! although I don't want to go paperfree and i'm not sure how it will work, DH gave me a 7"tablet for Christmas and I have put 2simple on it, and will aim to use that for photos and obs ... will still need printing off and i'd rather just be able to add list of area/specific area, without working out age group ... but we'll see how it goes! hopefully it will be a lot less time spent downloading/printing/cutting etc.
    I do need to spend a few hours doing this terms planning/newsletter and the summatives I didn't do last term but then that is it!

14. Likes Mouse, Maza, watgem liked this post
    Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine, Yet again........ is to say "NOOOOOOOO"

God I am such a walkover when it comes to helping people out

Also plan to plan better and to enjoy the kids rather than fretting over ****** Ofsted. There, that's off my chest now!!
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is to become a green member
    3 more posts to go

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Daftbat I will start to say No and mean it no sad eyes or sighs will change my answer. Also i am going to diet after I finish all the wonderful homemade chocs I got for Christmas( It would be rude and ungrateful to diet before I have eaten them all) also all the wine needs to be drunk, may start diet at Easter but then again Easter eggs may need to be eaten to save children from getting to hyper.

18. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No more Favours!! No more reductions on invoices!! I gave a goodwill reduction in fees for Christmas to one set of parents - did I get a thank you? Nope. It was a substantial amount to me but obviously not for them (£150)- never again! I even sent an email checking they had seen it on the invoice - Mum said oh yes I did see it, wondered what it was.

Live and learn

20. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To be strict with parents about late payment! List count of the amount of times I've had to chase them lol

Happy new year everyone :-)

22. Likes Maza liked this post
    nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Be more organised and tidy. ...going to re think the conservatory layout and invest in smaller boxes....gong yo have a spending spree at ikea lol....and to get rid of alot of toys etc and the same with my own children's stuff and rooms.....

24. Likes lynncjt, watgem liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been really good about not buying resources this last year. My resolution is just to keep on top of paperwork and do SEF.

Sept08
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine has to be to only buy the resources I desperately need, rather than wasting money...

27. Likes lynncjt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not buying resources definitely.
    To do more 'real life' activities. So more housework - getting the kids involved in cleaning up after themselves etc. Also not to compare myself to other childminders. I do things the way I think they should be done and not to impress ofsted or anyone else. Just the children!

29. Likes N/A, lynncjt, cathtee liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

I went to the sales .... and bought .... a round the world jigsaw with children from the different countries round the edge!!! I also bought a mouse finger puppet on amazon ... ( but its not new year yet )

I have been very good and have been deleting the baker ross & yellow moon sale emails as soon as they arrive!

my childminding new years resolution ( as well as NOT buying ANY new resources! ) is to spend less time on paperwork outside of working hours and by default do less obs !!!! although I don't want to go paperfree and i'm not sure how it will work, DH gave me a 7"tablet for Christmas and I have put 2simple on it, and will aim to use that for photos and obs ... will still need printing off and i'd rather just be able to add list of area/specific area, without working out age group ... but we'll see how it goes! hopefully it will be a lot less time spent downloading/printing/cutting etc.
    I do need to spend a few hours doing this terms planning/newsletter and the summatives I didn't do last term but then that is it!
    Oh no ...
    Dh decided to go to ikea ... said he needed me to come .... Have resisted lots so far ... But have yet to face the children's section and market Hall ... Help! !!! :-)

31. Likes lynncjt liked this post
    nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

Oh no ...
    Dh decided to go to ikea ... said he needed me to come .... Have resisted lots so far ... But have yet to face the children's section and market Hall ... Help! !!! :-)
    Deep breaths and run though that section x good luck lol

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE="k-tots;1330223"]

Deep breaths and run though that section x good luck lol[

:-) I managed to escape with only a King glove puppet and a soft Crown! ( and some more flannels that we use for hand towels ) x

34. Likes Tulip liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast