What type of bricks to buy for 3 and 4 year old boys?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What type of bricks to buy for 3 and 4 year old boys?

I have looked at lego building bricks on ebay for £13 for 45 bricks. Would anyone recommend them? What has everyone else bought and what would you recommend.

My 8 year old daughter also loves building with bricks can anyone recommend some for her? Though think she will enjoy playing with whatever I buy for the boys.

Just looking for recommendations really. I have bought most of the presents in for my own children but wanted to buy them some bricks which I know they will happily share with my one mindee at the moment. Thanks.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Most of the small brick lego says from age 5+ although it does depend on the children in my experience.

My daughter age 10 is not impressed with the lego friends range as a lot is moulded so she can't do what she wants with it. She has played non-stop with a lego brick box that she got for her birthday in November. It's traditional type bricks. They do blue and pink boxes in different sizes.

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have little ones about I'm not sure Lego (small not duplo) would be a good idea. I tried this once when I have an 8 year old and there was nowhere he could play safely with it without little ones that I could still keep an eye on him. Plus it only takes one brick not to be picked up/missed and it could be straight in a Los mouth and there choking. Is there anything that's similar but bigger?

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

All of the children here from 4yrs up to 9yrs love Lego. We have a huge box as my DS has collected it over the years. They usually have to sit at the kitchen table to play with it though as I worry about bits being left around and my 1yr old mindee finding it.
    I would think 3 and 4 yr olds would be fine with it but just be careful if you have any younger ones.
    We also have a huge box with Duplo bricks and they all play with them as well, even the 6 / 7yr olds will happily sit and build castles etc with them. Plus they are safe for all ages.

xxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Would agree with above, my girls have a box of Lego and I don't allow it downstairs when mindees here, there are often tiny light like pieces etc in . I would think Lego for uour 8 year old but not to be played with if / when you have under fives, and maybe Megablocks or Lego duplo for the 3 and 4 year old..my 8 year old loves to build with the Megablocks too so uour daughter may enjoy it!

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

/thanks I will have a look at duplo (think I already have megablocks which they play with but might buy more). I'll get my daughters some proper lego for upstairs. thank you.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I love duplo and the smaller lego bricks for my mindees. We have loads! But £13 for 45 bricks seems a lot to me for second hand? I'd rather buy new at that price!!