Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default own child is poorly.....

My dd aged 5 has come home from school today with a really heavy cold, barking cough & temperature, she looks really poorly & was soundo by 6pm

I was closed today as my littlest dd has hospital appointments, am worried about tomorrow as if dd is still this rough there's no way I can take her on school run for the others, plus have a 18month old all day.

is it too late notice to close tomorrow?

sorry new to this so unsure how it works

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there anyone who can stay at home with your DD while you do the school run?

I think I'd open, I wouldn't shut for just that but you could text all parents stating your DD is ill, and that if they don't want to send their children you won't charge, you might be lucky and they all take your offer up.

Aug 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately not, hubby goes off to work at 7:30, m-i-l at work & my mum lives 40 mins away :0(

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

might work out financially better for DH to have a late start for work so you don't have to take a day off and loose a days pay.He's entitled to take time off for family emergencies (which a sick child is ) but will probably be unpaid for the couple of hour late.

5. Likes Tulip, Koala, loocyloo liked this post
    Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I like dette's idea above but hopefully your daughter will be feeling a lot better after a good night's sleep x

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

This is so tricky! Both mine have been poorly over last 10 days (which I think originally came from mindee who was sent to me poorly but that's another thread...grr!)
    My ds is old enough able and happy to stay home for short periods of time while I do school run. My dd was different, husbo stayed home in morning then I took her with me in afternoon - I figured one short trip out not too bad. I wrapped her up warm and tried to be quick.
    If she was really poorly I would see if hubby could stay home or might close but I'm quite luckily have lots if rooms so can isolate her a bit. My ds can happily lay in bed till cows come home. Xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to add, hope your little one feels better soon xx

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hope your LO gets better soon. ( and no one else goes down with it )

its soooo tricky when they aren't really ill enough for you to close, but ill enough to make school runs etc difficult. I would see if Dh could stay at home for an hour or so in the morning whilst you do school run, and is there anyone who could sit with your dd whilst you do the afternoon school run? (maybe a friend and could you collect their child?) or, once, I rang all my schoolies parents and said that due to illness, I wouldn't be able to get to school to pick up, but I was available if they could get the children to me. if not, I wouldn't charge. one of the mums took a late lunch, and collected all the children and brought them to me !!!

10. Likes Koala, hectors house liked this post
    Aug 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies

the situation almost resolved itself, the lo I have all day is poorly so that means neither him ir his brother came today leaving me with all schoolies from the same school.
    hubby stayed home while I did school run and now only have my own poorly ones today & just one after school so I can take the car for this afternoons school run so my dd is not out in the cold too long :0)

12. Likes lynncjt, loocyloo liked this post
    Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a lot going around. I have a 17 month old who is on antibiotics due to ear infection in both ears. I did tell parents last Friday he was not well but they did not believe me so ended up at walk in centre over weekend. My oldest son complained of ear ache on Monday gave him calpol 6 plus as he finds taking tablets hard was sent home at 1. Couldn't get doctors appointment till yesterday morning and then went to 4 chemists and could not get his non penicillin based antibiotics till 3pm yesterday he has throat and ear infection bacterial not viral. Because of late start in medicine still not up to going to school today so will go back tomorrow. His missed the school Christmas dinner today. At least because of his age I can leave him at home for half hour while doing school run.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.