Not sure so thought I'd ask!

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KatieFS View Post
    Is this something you exclude for?

10m old baby has anti biotics

Not sure so thought I'd ask!
    I would exclude for 48 hours after first dose of anti niotics and as long as lo is happy, eating! and well enough to join in he would be welcome at our house.

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Well mum is doctor and feels not contagious and seems nearly all better. Can't really argue with that. Hoping she is correct as I do not want tonsillitis in the house...

Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Well mum is doctor and feels not contagious and seems nearly all better. Can't really argue with that. Hoping she is correct as I do not want tonsillitis in the house...
    Well mum.....is not going to be caring for the child YOU are! It's YOUR business, YOUR decision! Just because she a doctor doesn't mean she won't pull a fast one!!
    48hrs from First mouthful of antibiotics before I accept children back in my setting! And as a parent myself I wouldn't dream of sending my dd3 to nursery for at least a few days after prescription!

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, she would wouldn't she.

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes me too, a 10m old baby i think they pught to stay home.
    but what can I say?!?!! It isn't in my policy to be fair. These are same parents that took 3 hours to collect her after I says she was poorly and needed to come home. I feel a pattern emerging.

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes me too, a 10m old baby i think they pught to stay home.
    but what can I say?!?!! It isn't in my policy to be fair. These are same parents that took 3 hours to collect her after I says she was poorly and needed to come home. I feel a pattern emerging.
    Mmmmmmm what next?

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if she arrives and still has any of the same symptoms I'm ringing them to collect.
    Relationship with parents has been great until now but not happy about this week.
    Mum dropped her off tues morning saying she has had a bit if temperature over wkend but all better now. Well she wasn't and by 11 had temp of 39. Called them as she was upset not herself and not eating, cue 3 hour wait for them to collect.
    Following day dad drops off - she was bit clingy but better and eaten fine. By 11 getting hot again. Dad having work done at home very dusty so said I can't really take her anywhere and try and get doc appt. got appt 5.10 children here till 5, dad says ill be there 4.45. Dad arrives at 5.15 in mad panic as he is late. Lo ill and crying. No comment about sorry I'm late etc ..hello?!!!??!
    Surprise surprise baby has tonsillitis so I was right she was poorly. Poor little mite.
    Baby now miraculous recovery. (Sarcasm ...)
    Sorry I'm ranting

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

No - not good.

When did she first have antibiotics? if Wednesday pm she wouldn't be at my house this week, what is your policy?

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

No way would I be accepting the child. Maybe by mon things will be a lot better but not by tomorrow. I would also be doing a letter confirming your sickness policy and the importance of keeping ill children away etc etc and address it to all parents but probably just give it to them. I have often found that the people with seemingly such important jobs especially in the medical profession are the worst at caring for their own children!

11. Likes Koala liked this post
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes weds pm but I don't have anything in my policy re anti biotics so I feel I am stuck.

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes weds pm but I don't have anything in my policy re anti biotics so I feel I am stuck.
    No your not stuck, you don't have to have everything written down - you couldn't possibly for all illness's (But prescribed medication of any kind but particularly anti biotics and penecillin should have an exclusion period as this is confirming the child IS ILL and I would get it written down if I were you) I always advise parents to discuss child's illness with me but I have the last say, not other people who arn't looking after their child whether it be doctor, nurse, schools etc...

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes agree. To say I'm unimpressed is an understatement
    I will def review my illness policy
    Have also started to charge for late pick ups from this family as often 5-10 mins late. I think this is something ill need to charge for as getting rather fed up with nearly always giving up 5-10 mins
    Ill keep you posted...

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I will review in the morning, but if there are symptoms ill be sending her home

Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

Tonsilitus is highly contagious and she shouldn't really be with you as the other kids will get it. I have in my policy if a child is unwell enough to be on antibiotics they should be at home resting.

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I will review in the morning, but if there are symptoms ill be sending her home
    How's things gone??

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

At the mo still sleeping so can't say, it's been one of those weeks for me.
    Feeling a bit used tbh. Feeling cross -sending child to me who was unwell as basically they had to get to work. Feel quite let down by the family as thought we read from same hymn sheet and this has made me feel different. I will feel very upset if one if the other children or mine or me get ill.

It's so hard isn't it as I feel for the children and have really bonded...and i knew she wasn't well Tuesday morning. But parents don't see it like that and feel like its strictly business. I wish I'd have said Tuesday she needs to see the gp, I assumed as mum was doctor they would have assessed her to be well. Clearly not

So I'm going to be treating them strictly business now and everything will be noted and charged for. I'm going to re look at my illness policy definitely.
    Sorry it's not been a good week for me, one of those weeks where I think why do I do this job. Putting the health of my children at risk. I'm sure ill be ok in a few days

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Chin up love!! We all get like that sometimes and it's real shock when it really does boil down to the fact they have paid so they will use you - no matter what.

Your right to reciprocate the business philosophy because otherwise you will be used and abused. And it will hurt and make you feel bad when things like this happen. Sometimes it takes a while for people to show their true colours, BUT AT LEAST YOU KNOW NOW.

Have a good weekend.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I know this won't go down well but my policy is to inconvenience the parents as little as possible - as long as the child doesn't have a sickness or tummy bug and is well enough to still join in then I accept them, even if they are taking anti biotics - I run my setting as a home from home not a mini nursery, I am happy to dispense Calpol, cuddles and tissues as required.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast