Don't cha love kind parents
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't cha love kind parents

Don't cha just love a kind parent who is friendly and willing to work in partnership and talk over any issues calmly, and with acceptance.

Had a potential problem this morning which turned my tummy to knots but the parent was lovely.

Having had an awkward parent earlier this year who made me feel I could do nothing right, I now feel angst ridden at talking to parents about the slightest problem(for fear of the parent being horrid). How do you "toughen up"?

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

When I started this job 6yrs I didn't have as much confidence as I do now.
    Working with all the parents has taught me to be open from the beginning. Now I'm able to say what I mean without agreeing to things I don't want to do. It's just something I've learnt. Everything is explained from the beginning and I only do things that I want to do.
    Plus working with children for 20yrs has given me experience and confidence of knowing that I actually know what I'm doing So if anyone was to tell me I'm not doing something properly I know I have the experience to say otherwise lol

Plus I had a couple of incidents with friends/people when I was younger that toughened me up. I think its something you learn from experience and mistakes.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It sort of comes with time - having really tight paperwork helps because it gives you something to fall back on.

There are free samples here for everyone - you just need to log in to get them

Childminder Guides - Exclusive Information Guides for Registered Childminder Members - Childcare.co.uk