labels
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: labels

Post Thanks / Like

Default labels

Just wondering how everyone does their toy box labels? Do you hand write them or type them? I know every inspector is going to be looking for something different but just wondered which way everyone prefers theirs to look?

Registered Childminder since
    July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine are typed with a photo of the contents

may 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello after many different approaches I now prefer to take a picture of the toys in the box in use...ie, dinosaurs set out for the day in the tuff spot...I laminate the photo and write clearly "Dinosaurs" on a big label and stick both onto the box....some boxes have two or more themes in ie, animals...farm, zoo, under the sea, autumn etc and I then put two pics on one side and two on the other thinking farm/zoo more spring/summer and Woodland/arctic..autumn wintet etc so I turn my boxes round through the year in the unit....hope this helps xx

Glitter Guest

Some labels are hand written, and some printed, with a picture of what is in the box. I like to use a mixture of both to help children to realise not everything has to be done on a computer.

I think it can help children to see adults writing and encourages them to have a go themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have labels on my toy boxes.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

6. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a picture with typed labels in English and French (had a bi-lingual child for a couple of years). I have other hand-written displays elsewhere, because it's important they see this. However, my handwriting is appalling, so I prefer neat typed labels on my boxes.

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just hand written (using stencils), all my boxes are clear and contents can be identified easily xx

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

These are mine - the labels are quite small in the overall photo but I hope that it gives you an idea.

It is basically a photograph of the toys, printed to postcard size, text added over the top and laminated and attached with heavy duty velcro tape

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I havent labled mine either :-/......I tend to grt the boxes out each day and one big box with all sorts in....my boxes are also see through

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the ideas. Think I'll do hand written ones for the toy boxes and then printed labels for things like the role play and shop so they get a mixture of both.