Unannounced OFSTED call at 7am
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  85
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Simona Guest

That is not what I said...it is difficult to carry a debate when the CM who posted the comment was not here to answer our questions...that is what I meant and I think it was very clear!
    I certainly respect those who want to stay off twitter or anything like it or those who wish to be part of all the social media.

If I made a comment in the forum and it was posted on FB by someone else I would have no chance of answering

Yes there is choice of social media and I respect the choice cms make....is all to do with Freedom of choice or speech.

Are we sometimes missing the point on purpose and attacking without reflecting on what the message was really about?

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Another of our Facebook members had an unannounced 'just passing' inspection this morning at 9.15am. She doesn't live anywhere near the first lady...

We have to stop worrying - it's happening and we've got to deal with it!!

if we are ready then we will be able to manage it better.... so time to get prepared!

here are some tips xx

Unannounced Ofsted inspections -
    Great checklist there Sarah, very useful, thank - you very much

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    That is not what I said...it is difficult to carry a debate when the CM who posted the comment was not here to answer our questions...that is what I meant and I think it was very clear!
    I certainly respect those who want to stay off twitter or anything like it or those who wish to be part of all the social media.

If I made a comment in the forum and it was posted on FB by someone else I would have no chance of answering

Yes there is choice of social media and I respect the choice cms make....is all to do with Freedom of choice or speech.

Are we sometimes missing the point on purpose and attacking without reflecting on what the message was really about?
    No it wasn't clear it did read that you were commenting on the social media people use.

Its very rare a post gets copied on here from the fb page and vice versa. In this case I know that the op told the person in question was putting it here on the forum.

The only time you get the same posts is if the poster puts them on both sites.

I don't believe that your posts or mine for that matter are ever being linked to, copied onto fb. Now Sarah707s are used as advice on a regular basis but she is very happy for this to happen
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm certainly not attacking anybody (I wish I had the time) and I don't see anyone else doing so here either. Or is that just me being too naive and positive.

I merely observe that the presence of a debate in one place should in no way preclude us debating it here - and that it helps if we get all the facts in one place, rather than being expected to cross-check between sites.

It is a fact of life in the 'age of information' that when you put anything on the tinterwebnet you instantly surrender control of how it is used. So anything we type here can be copied onto FB, ***** or some forum for lovers of budgerigars for all we know. Unfortunate that we don't get to follow where it gets posted and retain a right of reply. I don't necessarily like it, but then I don't like the fact that toast always lands jammy-side-down on the carpet.

That's just the way it is................... unless someone wants to have a stab at redesigning the entire world wide web?

Post Thanks / Like

I only posted as I thought OFSTED had been denying they were doing on the spot inspections, but it's clear to see across the board that they are consistently turning up at people's houses complaint or no complaints. I fully agree we should all be ready for our inspection at any time, but I also feel this is getting silly as it is still our family home and they seem to be losing sight of this fact. As I mentioned in a previous post, similar to what many others have said they have their own families walking around the house in the morning, unless there is a serious safeguarding issue where are our rights and privacy. I do not believe that just because I look after children I should have to expect OFSTED appearances at any time of day and night. I have a small house which my whole family uses morning and evening so it would be very difficult to have another adult sat in the midst of it while I'm trying to run around getting children to school on time. And as I said before I wouldn't mind if I felt OFSTED would be understanding of our type of childcare, and judge us accordingly, but I fear they don't.

6. Likes Kiddleywinks, AliceK, christine e liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooEarlyForGin? View Post
    I only posted as I thought OFSTED had been denying they were doing on the spot inspections, but it's clear to see across the board that they are consistently turning up at people's houses complaint or no complaints. I fully agree we should all be ready for our inspection at any time, but I also feel this is getting silly as it is still our family home and they seem to be losing sight of this fact. As I mentioned in a previous post, similar to what many others have said they have their own families walking around the house in the morning, unless there is a serious safeguarding issue where are our rights and privacy. I do not believe that just because I look after children I should have to expect OFSTED appearances at any time of day and night. I have a small house which my whole family uses morning and evening so it would be very difficult to have another adult sat in the midst of it while I'm trying to run around getting children to school on time. And as I said before I wouldn't mind if I felt OFSTED would be understanding of our type of childcare, and judge us accordingly, but I fear they don't.
    I just started a thread under ofsted inspections, I emailed them regarding the issue of on the spot inspections, and turning up out of hours. She said in no uncertain terms that they will not turn up out of hours, and if it is a routine inspections, the inspector will call 5 days prior to discuss opening times, and number of children you have that day. She also said if it's an unannounced visit, they won't call, but they will check your most recent SEF/report to see what your opening hours are.

She also said if you have evidence/experience of something different happening you should report it. If put the email conversation in full on the other thread if you want to read it x

8. Likes N/A, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleMarie88 View Post
    I just started a thread under ofsted inspections, I emailed them regarding the issue of on the spot inspections, and turning up out of hours. She said in no uncertain terms that they will not turn up out of hours, and if it is a routine inspections, the inspector will call 5 days prior to discuss opening times, and number of children you have that day. She also said if it's an unannounced visit, they won't call, but they will check your most recent SEF/report to see what your opening hours are.

She also said if you have evidence/experience of something different happening you should report it. If put the email conversation in full on the other thread if you want to read it x
    Thank you for taking the trouble to write to Ofsted and share their response to you.

It is reassuring that they have told you exactly what I was told in the email 2 weeks ago which I shared here too.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Thank you for taking the trouble to write to Ofsted and share their response to you.

It is reassuring that they have told you exactly what I was told in the email 2 weeks ago which I shared here too.
    I think its slightly different to what you were told. If I remember rightly (and I have read a lot of posts) they told you they didn't do unannounced inspections. They have in this email said that inspections can be unannounced. Also it goes on to say that if the inspector turns up and there are no children on roll it would be unlikely they would come back and they would have to consult their line manager

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...ml#post1322105.

Apologies if I have remembered wrongly what you had said
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    I think its slightly different to what you were told. If I remember rightly (and I have read a lot of posts) they told you they didn't do unannounced inspections. They have in this email said that inspections can be unannounced. Also it goes on to say that if the inspector turns up and there are no children on roll it would be unlikely they would come back and they would have to consult their line manager

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...ml#post1322105.

Apologies if I have remembered wrongly what you had said
    No it is the same reply as given to AdeleMarie88

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Adele's reply from Ofsted didn't deny spot checks did it? Just reassured they would not turn up out of hours
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Post Thanks / Like

I just started a thread under ofsted inspections, I emailed them regarding the issue of on the spot inspections, and turning up out of hours. She said in no uncertain terms that they will not turn up out of hours, and if it is a routine inspections, the inspector will call 5 days prior to discuss opening times, and number of children you have that day. She also said if it's an unannounced visit, they won't call, but they will check your most recent SEF/report to see what your opening hours are. She also said if you have evidence/experience of something different happening you should report it. If put the email conversation in full on the other thread if you want to read it x
    Hey yes she did deny spot checks, she said that never ever happens, you are either routine inspected or inspected because of a complaint made against you...x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jadavi View Post
    Adele's reply from Ofsted didn't deny spot checks did it? Just reassured they would not turn up out of hours
    Sorry quoted wrong bit in previous post;

"They also said that they NEVER do on the spot inspections, without a previous complaint made about that specific provider. So the discussion happening on the other thread about inspectors conducting inspections on all CM in a three mile radius because of a complaint about ratios, this would absolutely not happen. Also before conducting inspections, they will either call, or check your most recent SEF to see what times you have said you operate. They will never show in outside of your stated working hours. So if they turn up at 7am, and you said you start at 6.30, no complaining! "

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry quoted wrong bit in previous post;

"They also said that they NEVER do on the spot inspections, without a previous complaint made about that specific provider. So the discussion happening on the other thread about inspectors conducting inspections on all CM in a three mile radius because of a complaint about ratios, this would absolutely not happen. Also before conducting inspections, they will either call, or check your most recent SEF to see what times you have said you operate. They will never show in outside of your stated working hours. So if they turn up at 7am, and you said you start at 6.30, no complaining! "
    So what's the difference between an on the spot inspection and an unannounced routine inspection?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    So what's the difference between an on the spot inspection and an unannounced routine inspection?
    The point the lady I spoke to was making, was that inspectors call prior to routine inspections, so they should, ideally, never be unannounced. If you experience otherwise it should be reported x

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a woman at our childminding group a couple of weeks ago who had an unannounced visit, as far as she knew there had been no complaint or anything else to trigger an inspection, they just turned up......she was overdue an inspection, so not sure if they are culling backlogs by turning up when they have a space or inspector free, or maybe targets have been introduced for inspectors.....

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieSausage View Post
    There was a woman at our childminding group a couple of weeks ago who had an unannounced visit, as far as she knew there had been no complaint or anything else to trigger an inspection, they just turned up......she was overdue an inspection, so not sure if they are culling backlogs by turning up when they have a space or inspector free, or maybe targets have been introduced for inspectors.....
    As far as I know inspectors are freelance and already work to targets, so maybe their targets have been increased to clear the backlog?

Whatever the reason, unannounced routine inspections are most definitely on the increase and Ofsted is either unaware of this, or is blatantly denying it

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345