do I take on another child?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default do I take on another child?

Hi. Ive had an enquiry for a 15mth old 2 days a week school hours. Everyday I have 2 children under 2 apart from on a wednesday when I have 1 child and I didnt really want to have another child on this day as I like the quieter day. Do I take this child on and have 3 children? Im just a bit worried about taking them out etc

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

if you have a double buggy you will be fine taking them out - one on reigns or holds onto the buggy - i have three most days at the mo, sometimes four (although i must admit when i have four we dont leave the house ) go for it
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Post Thanks / Like

I have a buggy pod so I can still go out with 3, it's great. Wen I have 4 I stay in, or get my assistant in and we take 2 doubles

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're happy with what you have then don't take any more on, unless you really need the money
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with JCrakers - if you're happy with your numbers and don't need the money then say no.

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess only you really know!, If the only reason is getting the children out, its not impossible. I take out 4 quite easily but 2 are much older 2.5/3 years, so walk. I have used in the past, a pod that fits on the side of the buggy or a buggy board or even a triple buggy!

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

All of my children are under 18mths at the moment. Some do whole days, and some do half days or 'school hours'. It works out that I have 3 children together for about 5hrs of the day. This seems to provide a good balance between meeting each child's needs properly, making a viable income and keeping my sanity, lol!

The times with 2 feel much easier than with 3, but it's getting easier as they get older. I also have most of the school holidays off; I think I might possibly stick with 2 if I worked all year round.

It make me laugh that if, as a mum, someone says that they have toddler twins*, people say "Ooh, you've got your hands full!", but if a childminder says she has two toddlers, they say "Oh, so you've got a space?"

*No disrespect to mums of twins: I have friends with twins and I realise it is a completely different ballgame mothering twins around the clock x

Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you have enough on your plate. Unless you desperately need the money.