Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Screamer advice pls

Ok so have an 11 month old who started in September. 3 days a week. She's screamed since day 1 but was starting to turn a corner.

However she's back this week with avengace and yesterday and today has not stopped for longer that 20 mins.

I ended up calling mum to collect as she was so distressed.

Today she didn't let anyone sleep all day and even made another baby so distressed that he puked.

Really feel bad but the tension in the house is awful. Any ideas?

Thanks x

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Ouch! not nice. Isn't it funny how some lo are very upset and some aren't!

Have you spoken to mum about how she is at home? I'm assuming you've run through all the obvious stuff, food milk tiredness I'm sure you have

Try to get some understanding from parents what they do to calm lo down when upset. Does she have comforters toys etc. the lo I've had settled with a cuddle

Sometimes I sing and make silly faces to distract them - I know it sounds mad but it works for me

Does she settle with a cuddle?

Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

What's she like in the pushchair? Sometimes I find new babies can settle better in a pushchair than being held by me when they're new as I'm a stranger where as a pushchair is more familiar to them.
    Does she have any comforters? If not could you get mum to sleep with a blanket of hers so it smells of mum and send that with her to be a comforter?
    Does tv or music distract her?
    What is she use to doing when not with you, is she use to being at home most of the day or is mum often out and about? So how closely does your routine match what she is use to?
    Dont know if any of that is of any help not sure what else to suggest, some just settle easier than others.

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

has she been off at all maybe just needs time to settle again.
    I had one beginning of September turned a corner and now shes on holiday this week so im expecting bad day on Monday. ear plugs at the ready. hope she settles again soon.
    Dust its Fairy Dust

Jun 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for the advice.

Yesterday I tried pushchair, cuddles, travel cot, car seat, on floor, walks, playgroup.

Her dad collected and witnessed how distraught she was. Mum and dad are great and so I've agreed to persevere.

So today armed with a bag of her toys from home and lots of energy it appears little madam is on top form! Not a wimper or peep she's been so happy and calm.

However the atmosphere in the house is still a bit tense as we're waiting for it to all go wrong.

It's a shame as shes off now until Monday when no doubt we'll be back to square one.