Thread: Why is hard?

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 95
    Non childminder member
    Nanny
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why is hard?

Hello again!

Thanks for your time! I would like to share with everybody my experiences.
    I am a Nanny at children's home, not childminder.

I have been trying to find a good position since February, 2013. I worked with a family
    during 3 1/2months but the girls were very naughty, before summer holidays I had
    made a lot of research to start a new position from September. I found a French family
    to look after a 4 years old girl to 3:20pm to 7:30 pm, but the mother has lost her job and
    she has fired, early October.

I request for families to send me a reference letter, anyone hasn't done!!! I am shocked
    with their behaviour.

The previous family wanted a OFSTED Nanny registered and it has been taking more than
    3 months that I am in processing with OFSTED and I don't have news, from them.
    I had all my documents accepted but I am stuck with Southwark Social Checks,
    I am living a nightmare, this year.

I am looking for a position from January, I am looking for all Childcare, websites, everywhere
    and nothing, for a while.

I would like to work at a nursery, it can be as a Staff stand by member, this is not a problem,
    I only want to work there to have more experiences, there is anyone who could give me
    advices to find it?

I don't know how can I do to get ahead, I am really disappointed with life this year....

Thank you,

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

When I nannied I found my jobs either by word of mouth or through an agency. Try to google "nanny agency" and your area and see if you have one near you. They don't charge nannies just the families if they place you. Good luck! As for getting some experience - maybe you could ring your local preschools or children's centre to find out if you can volunteer?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh bless you, it sounds like you've had a tough year. You can advertise on childcare.co.uk-you can write a bit about yourself, your qualifications and experience and parents can find you there. Look around at your local nurseries and pop in with a CV. Let them know you are looking for work. Lots of nurseries have a reserve staff bank too, in case regular staff are ill. Ask at your local childrens centre if you can leave your information or if they have anywhere else you can advertise. I hope you find something soon xx

Mar 95
    Non childminder member
    Nanny
    Post Thanks / Like

Many many thanks, I am registered in Childcare.co.uk but I have been receiving
    only rubbish proposition....

Quote Originally Posted by Ali56 View Post
    Oh bless you, it sounds like you've had a tough year. You can advertise on childcare.co.uk-you can write a bit about yourself, your qualifications and experience and parents can find you there. Look around at your local nurseries and pop in with a CV. Let them know you are looking for work. Lots of nurseries have a reserve staff bank too, in case regular staff are ill. Ask at your local childrens centre if you can leave your information or if they have anywhere else you can advertise. I hope you find something soon xx

Mar 95
    Non childminder member
    Nanny
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by samb View Post
    When I nannied I found my jobs either by word of mouth or through an agency. Try to google "nanny agency" and your area and see if you have one near you. They don't charge nannies just the families if they place you. Good luck! As for getting some experience - maybe you could ring your local preschools or children's centre to find out if you can volunteer?

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think finding work as a nanny or childminder are equally hard. I've been looking to fill my vacancies since June and everyone enquiry that has come about has turned into zilch.

Wishing you luck. Could you offer to volunteer at a nursery / children's centre to get 'written experience' / yourself known in the community?

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to say keep coming on here for support when you feel down. x

Mar 95
    Non childminder member
    Nanny
    Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks!

QUOTE=Zoomie;1315568]I think finding work as a nanny or childminder are equally hard. I've been looking to fill my vacancies since June and everyone enquiry that has come about has turned into zilch.

Wishing you luck. Could you offer to volunteer at a nursery / children's centre to get 'written experience' / yourself known in the community?[/QUOTE]

Mar 95
    Non childminder member
    Nanny
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I have been doing it, specially about OFSTED troubles for registering me.
    I have quickly responses and advices

QUOTE=Maza;1315570]Just wanted to say keep coming on here for support when you feel down. x[/QUOTE]

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if their local or national but try Tinies childcare and alphabet childcare they do supply work and job finding