I am a naughty child minder!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  30
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Glitter Guest

Default I am a naughty child minder!

It is half term here. I have four mindees aged 4 to 8, plus own daughter age 9 to look after all day.

I am being very naughty. I have put the Horrid Henry movie on, shut the curtains and given them a big bowl of popcorn to share.
    I am sat in a different room (can still hear them all), playing on the computer and eating sticky toffee pudding and extra thick cream!

Does anyone else ever take time out of their working day to do something nice (or naughty)?

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

damn right, happy childminder = happy children xx

3. Likes serin liked this post
    Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Yey, will you look after me please?? I bet they love you

5. Likes lorettacritchet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day was had by all lol Xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have movie days! I think it makes you a fab childminder! I do it once each holidays on the day that the little ones all go at 1 o'clock! The older ones love it, look forward to it and spend ages discussing what they'd like to watch!
    And I get an hour and a halfs peace!!

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

And Why not? They have activities and toys til they come out of their little ears so where's the harm in a movie and popcorn, and a few
    minutes to yourself. I have 10 mins each day where I put 1 lo down for a nap at 1pm and I sit in lounge with her and the other one is in
    the playroom which is the conservatory off lounge with doors open for her to wonder in and out but I sit with a hot coffee while its quiet
    time.
    Cath

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quiet time is essential to our sanity! I have an hour of quiet time every day when we have some TV. I get a lunch break and the kids get to chill out for a bit. Who doesn't need a rest?
    Blondes have more fun!

12. Likes Maza, clairer, cathtee liked this post
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I definitely agree - especially in the holidays - other children are at home chilling out and having fun with their friends or family. Especially with weather we're having at the moment it seems like a great idea!

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I normally do a movie day during the holidays, although haven't for a while

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep we had crafts this morning, park after lunch and got soaked. So back home for movie and popcorn. Lovely and cuddly

16. Likes clairer liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We're having a very chilled relaxed half term. I have hardly planned a thing except free play and biscuits!

18. Likes Ali56, clairer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes- I open the fridge door, hide behind it and eat some chocolate or a bar of it like a ninja whilst listening to mindees reading stories to each other's lol. And when they come in I shut the door and turn away slightly laughing then they start to chase me and I turn it into a game lol.

20. Likes clairer, N/A, chriss, cathtee liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Movie day sounds good........... Sticky toffee pudding and cream sounds even better!

Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG you are lucky. Even if I tried to do this I would be disturbed after five minutes because someone has hit someone else or the littlest one has wee'd on the rug! Never any peace here!!!!!!!!!

23. Likes primula liked this post
    sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course you planned it because of the severe weather warning, didn't you?!!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the next one should be onsie n slippers day? Even more comfort x

Schoolies deserve their holiday and if they are having a rest why shouldnt the littleys?

I say go for it n enjoy it guilt free. I know I did this morning, although of course mine watched an educational film lol. They learned all about the smurfs

26. Likes N/A liked this post
    mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe school holidays are for chilling. I have activities prepared if the children need distracting etc but we had our half term last week and the older children entertained themselves the majority of the time...and some of the time entertained the younger children too!

Post Thanks / Like

Today we've got movie morning with Epic and popcorn! They were all a little hyper yesterday so i am going to have an 1 1/2 of peace :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum
    Mandy xx

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

This morning we are going to feed the donkeys, make paper plate spiders and then after lunch one LO has a nap, so it will be a DVD or a bit of tv for the other one and my DS can do what he wants. My DS is nearly 11 and when LO woke up he was doing stickers with them both at the table yesterday and I actually was drinking a cuppa when one mum came to collect, the children were all happy doing their stickers, my ds was happy helping and I was happy sitting with a cuppa watching them

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Holidays are often more relaxed here I think the schoolies need it. My routing goes to pot anyway as I do a lot of groups and things that all stop. Holidays tend to be very little planning other than trips to the park, farm, softplay and then the rest is free play, garden activities and movies. It's meant to be there school holidays. They still have access to all things like art and crafts, role play etc it just is left to the childrens imaginations what they do with it and I think this can be important.

31. Likes cathtee liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast