Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  30
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So today it is my turn to be the naughty childminder! Today I had a 2yr old from 8-1. He's gone now. So the 7 yr old, the 10 yr old and my dd 11 all had a great time on the Wii for an hour. DD's friend is here now, so they have all gone outside to play foot ball! Where am I? Sitting in my warm kitchen, keeping an eye on them out the window, drinking tea and eating mini eggs! Happy days all round!

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glitter View Post
    It is half term here. I have four mindees aged 4 to 8, plus own daughter age 9 to look after all day.

I am being very naughty. I have put the Horrid Henry movie on, shut the curtains and given them a big bowl of popcorn to share.
    I am sat in a different room (can still hear them all), playing on the computer and eating sticky toffee pudding and extra thick cream!

Does anyone else ever take time out of their working day to do something nice (or naughty)?
    I'm a 'naughty childminder' at least once a day every day! When I first started childminding 8 years ago my schedule was full to the brim every day... Groups...structured activity and play... Craft...and countless other things 'to do' Now I still do all those things but I also give the children time to relax too...my wake up call was one day one of my little pre schoolers said ' nannie can we please just sit down and be together'

I only do short term planning too! I get up in the morning look out if the window look at the weather and take it from there! Naughty naughty childminder and proud!

4. Likes N/A, loocyloo, cathtee liked this post
    oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am another secret choccie muncher given half a chance! For me actually drinking a drink that is still hot is luxury enough!

I do agree we shouldn't plan every moment for education but just to do normal things, after all that's why parents choose a childminder!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12