Interview tomorrow!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Interview tomorrow!

Ive posted before about my 9 month old first mindee who ive recently given notice to due to his 8.5 hour screaming do's. Well he hasnt been since and was supposed to come today but is yet to turn up. Mum text this morning to say he was coming. When I started doing this course (i was registered in july) we were in a position where i was able to go a couple of months without income due to DH work however that has sadly changed. So unfortunately 3 months after registering I have an interview tomorrow to return to work part time! I feel so deflated that all my hard work and money was for nothing and I have failed! I have applied for a couple of jobs so hopefully ill get something. Going to keep all my minding equipment incase things change in the future. Has this happened to anyone else on here?? X

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely keep your registration going - maybe you could work part time and do some part time childminding too - good luck with your interview, don't feel that you have failed - life sometimes just takes us on a different path for a while.

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I could have written this post! I had a 7 month old mindee who I gave notice to as he constantly screamed, all day! He would be my main earner even though it was shift work. I have another LO that comes 3 days per week but there's no work here at all due to being 15 cms in a smallish town. After about 2/3 months I ended up looking for something elsewhere and now have 3 weeks left minding before I start my new job as a support worker.

We could cope money wise but only because we have a flat that we rent out and was having to use the rent money to help cover the bills (I earn about £100 per week just now). However, that flat was bought to rent out so we could have some savings, not for the money to have to go towards paying bills meaning we're saving nothing at all each month. So, I made the decision to give up. There were other factors to me giving up too but this didn't help. I also felt like a complete failure as I spent nearly 18 months getting registered etc.

Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I could have written this post! I had a 7 month old mindee who I gave notice to as he constantly screamed, all day! He would be my main earner even though it was shift work. I have another LO that comes 3 days per week but there's no work here at all due to being 15 cms in a smallish town. After about 2/3 months I ended up looking for something elsewhere and now have 3 weeks left minding before I start my new job as a support worker.

We could cope money wise but only because we have a flat that we rent out and was having to use the rent money to help cover the bills (I earn about £100 per week just now). However, that flat was bought to rent out so we could have some savings, not for the money to have to go towards paying bills meaning we're saving nothing at all each month. So, I made the decision to give up. There were other factors to me giving up too but this didn't help. I also felt like a complete failure as I spent nearly 18 months getting registered etc.

Good luck!!
    Was it immediate notice or 4 weeks? I gave 4 weeks to help the mum but now wish id given immediate under the circumstances. He is over an hour late today (she changed from 9 to 11) ive jut text and she said meant to say 12 not 11 and on the way. Feel im going to be messed about now for the next few weeks never knowing whether hes coming or not. With it being half term id really like to know and not just wait and see as i have 2 ds of my own id like to plan things with. I also dread him coming because i know hes going to scream the whole time hes here! X

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littlebears1009 View Post
    Was it immediate notice or 4 weeks? I gave 4 weeks to help the mum but now wish id given immediate under the circumstances. He is over an hour late today (she changed from 9 to 11) ive jut text and she said meant to say 12 not 11 and on the way. Feel im going to be messed about now for the next few weeks never knowing whether hes coming or not. With it being half term id really like to know and not just wait and see as i have 2 ds of my own id like to plan things with. I also dread him coming because i know hes going to scream the whole time hes here! X
    It was immediate. It was still within settling in period. There was no way I could handle another 4 weeks of it - I was so drained, not eating properly etc.

Have they arrived yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post

It was immediate. It was still within settling in period. There was no way I could handle another 4 weeks of it - I was so drained, not eating properly etc.

Have they arrived yet?
    Yes he has come. However hes had a chest infection over the weekend. He cries all the time anyway while he's here but this is just making him worse. He is struggling for breath and choking i assume this infection isnt helping. I feel quite bad for him. If this was my child, i knew they cried all day with minder and they were poorly i would not want to send them. Other than cuddle him (which is making my ears hurt) and constantly telling my children to bear with me I have no idea what else to do!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

oh girls please don't feel like failures. i have just gone back to work after 9 years. Don't feel like you've wasted the time that you HAVE been minding. I certainly don't feel I've wasted the last 9 years - in fact its made me who I am today and supported me to do the job I'm doing today. We have to do what is right for us and our families - whatever that is.

Big hugs to both xx
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

*****minder and also worked in a supermarket for a number of years. I was cream crackered by the end of the week. On a Tuesday, I would have children from 7.45 until school stated, then whizz the 25 mins to work for 9.30. Work till 2.30/45, with a 30 minute break, whizz back to school for the after schoolers till 6. Back to the upper market or 7 until 11 or later if not finished! Wednesday was a similar thing except without the return journey in the evening.

Lots of childminders both mind and have other jobs.

I hope you get sorted out soon

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Until recently I worked 3 days a week as a Family Support Playworker 3 days a week and childminded mon & fri (and even some weekend work).

Screamers can be real hard work I had one but he was only temporary (6 weeks before move) as a sibling.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck!

You've had such a bad run and have been so unlucky with your first child. You are not a failure, it is such an unreliable business and so many changes taking place it's very tough. I know so many minders who are struggling to find work

Try not to lose hope, keep your registration going. Keep looking at childcare.co.uk this is how I've got some of my business xx

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck - hope it goes well

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!