Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to advertise?

Hi all

Any ideas where to advertise? I used to get much of my work from childcare.co.uk but that now has to be be paid for and I am struggling financially. ***** doesn't bring much work or the local council. I am a network child minder but so far no calls. Five hundred postcards posted through local doors resulted in zilch. Postcards in newsagents also resulted in no calls. Where am I going wrong? I have five mindees but they are mainly before and after school children. Finding it hard to earn a living wage (considering I am the only earner with two kids). My charges are average. It seems that word of mouth means I only get offered more before and after school work.

Post Thanks / Like

Most childminders get a great return from their gold membership fees and over 40,000 have filled one or more vacancies.

Don't forget that once you have done 300 forum posts you can get a 50% discount.

Smaller sites that are free don't have the volume of parents visiting their website like we do because we spend millions of pounds per year advertising our website.
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk

3. Likes Rick, tas liked this post
    aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Have had do much work and some I have had to turn through being full from childcare. co.uk

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I live in a small rural village and most of my work comes from word of mouth - This word can be the local shop assistant so she has my cards. The local playschool also have my cards. The local family centre know I am a childminder and have passed calls to me while I have been there. I belong to a local group and we pass enquiries around.

Of the 6 children I have now - 5 were passed on by another childminder (1 dec 2011, 2 sept 2012 and 2 Oct this year) the other was from childcare.co.uk in 2010. I have had 3 other enquiries recently (1 given my number by Outreach Worker at family centre, 1 met me at the family centre and the other was given my details by another childminder but then found that their friend's LO comes to me and they also know DH). One family has signed up from Feb 2014, the other 2 are racing to get jobs for the spaces I have.

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

think it depends what your local community is like. Ask other childminders locally where they get their business from and if they would mind passing your number on if they are full.

I have lots of business through facebook by adding parents locally and promoting my business through my page. There is a big facebook community with a local selling page that has about 2000 people on the group. I have advertised on there before (but asked permision from admin first) and also if anyone posts 'does anyone know a good childminder?' other people put my name which is really good.

Ask if you can put a poster or card up in the drs surgery, in the HV's clinic, at the childrens centre, at local toddler groups, at the local sports centre notice board, at schools and if pre-schools are turning away children ask them to pass on your number, or if they can't take under 2's
    they may be happy to pass your details on.

good luck and i hope you find some more ft children soon x

Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

I have lots of before and after school children which by word of mouth has lead to more before and after school children. I'd say so far 50% of my early years children has been through childcare.co.uk and the other 50% has been free through *****.

Will be back at childcare.co.uk as soon as I can find the spare cash, in the meantime I will keep posting Richard as 50% is a good discount!

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

50% discount! Thats well worth having, I still have a long way to go though.
    How much is the gold membership?

Post Thanks / Like

What about doing a "meet the minder" session at local toddler groups or baby clinic?

jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I get all my work from childcare.co.uk, well worth the £10 every 3 months

Post Thanks / Like

I am in the same boat. Been iu delivering flyers, the other day i did 100 and nothing so far. I have a Fb page and have been advertising on local business pages. I also have a childcare.co.uk account but not had anything from it. And help god be gratefully received Xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kats View Post
    I get all my work from childcare.co.uk, well worth the £10 every 3 months
    I think we'd all jump at paying £10 for 3 months but for anyone new the joining fee for gold membership is £20 a month

13. Likes clairer liked this post
    jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Tas i'd no idea it was that expensive x

Post Thanks / Like

Green forum members (those with over 300 posts) get 50% off so they can get a year for just £50.

Over 40,000 childminders have filled vacancies using our website and most childminders get a great return on their investment in gold membership.

Plus gold members get lots of other extras too worth over £200 such as online Creative Steps Magazine, free legal advice, 6 Educare online training courses, free childminder contracts and over 100 information guides on all aspects of childminding.

We spend millions of pounds per year advertising our website to parents seeking childcare.
    Childcare.co.uk
    www.childcare.co.uk

16. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kats View Post
    Tas i'd no idea it was that expensive x
    yes kats at £10 for 3 months don't let your membership lapse as thats well worth having

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tas View Post
    yes kats at £10 for 3 months don't let your membership lapse as thats well worth having
    Yeah I made this mistake had it at a great price cancelled whilst I was on maternity leave and when I came back the fees had doubled wish I'd never stopped. Haven't paid again yet as got enough work so god only knows what the prices will be when I do

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by munch149 View Post
    Yeah I made this mistake had it at a great price cancelled whilst I was on maternity leave and when I came back the fees had doubled wish I'd never stopped. Haven't paid again yet as got enough work so god only knows what the prices will be when I do
    Oh dear.... But hey least you're a green member and get the 50% off

I'm working on it, just over half way there!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Green forum members (those with over 300 posts) get 50% off so they can get a year for just £50.

Over 40,000 childminders have filled vacancies using our website and most childminders get a great return on their investment in gold membership.

Plus gold members get lots of other extras too worth over £200 such as online Creative Steps Magazine, free legal advice, 6 Educare online training courses, free childminder contracts and over 100 information guides on all aspects of childminding.

We spend millions of pounds per year advertising our website to parents seeking childcare.
    Richard I am doing my best posting here and there to become a green member!

I think it's a great advertising site if you have gold membership especially with the training courses that have been added I only found out recently about the 50% off and now realise why everyone answers a post even if its to repeat the same answer/advice that has already been given. I've been registered on here since 2008 and always read posts but rarely answered as I didn't want to repeat a reply...... but not now as i'm heading for green........ or should that be gold!

Post Thanks / Like

I too will be doing more replys. I am a gold member already, does that mean when i got to 300 it will be half price automatically? Xxx

Post Thanks / Like

munch149 - please get in touch and I will be happy to honour the rate for gold membership that you had before going on maternity leave.

The 50% green member discount applies to new subscriptions only. It doesn't get automatically added to existing subscriptions once you become a green member.
    Childcare.co.uk
    www.childcare.co.uk

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Claire, have you given your current parents your cards? They might have friends, colleagues or family that may be needing childcare in the future, and what better than a personal recommendation!

I am always banging on about NTC sales. Is there one local coming up? Could you give out your cards to the people queuing?
    Would they put your card up at a local soft play centre.

Do you have a website? I had an enquiry today from a lady seeing my website. Mine is a free one from lola.com. I have links and numbers to a few other local childminders. Could you ask any childminder friends to put your details on their websites too.

Good luck, something will come along

24. Likes clairer liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast