Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't expect anything, not even a thank you, so anything received would be a bonus

I certainly wouldn't be pointing a gift out to other parents though - how rude!

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

wow that is rude! I'd feel awful if I made other parents feel inadequate.

If I have a bunch of flowers because someone has left and a thank you card - or even just the thank you card - I will post it on the parent page and say 'thank you so much for my lovely flowers that was so generous of you and I will really miss .... good luck at school'

It shows parents that I'm appreciated because i do a good job so its a bit of PR. I wouldn't ever post anything other than flowers or chocolates though because I wouldn't want anyone else to feel inadequate and I always make a point of saying how generous I think that gift is because although the gift is what would be an expected level of gift (smellies, chocs, etc) Its still not expected in the way that I would expect all parents to feel that they would need to buy me anything at all!

The best presents I get are the Thank you's drawn, made or written by the child.

As I'm writing this I'm thinking maybe I should rethink my self-promotion / PR though because if a parent didn't want to buy me a gift then they shouldn't feel that they have to. Hmmm. something to think on....

Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I always appreciate any gifts that are given to me, whatever the cost. The best gift I received were easter eggs for my children in a handmade nest made of willow twigs. Mum spent ages making the nest for me and I really appreciated that! I also liked that the family understood that my children deserved something special too.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of my parents do and some don't. I dont think it enters their head to give presents, but I know I am appreciated. The best present I have received is a wooden plaque saying "Vicky, it takes a special person to be a childminder. Thank you for looking after me"
    Last edited by Vickster; 27-10-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12