Childminders with dogs...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok so as many of you know already...we like our pets!!

We have dogs, chinchillas, hamsters, fish and rabbits...
    I have a constant complex that my house smells so I have plug in smellies, gel smellies, sprays etc...
    I have a vax to clean the carpets to make them clean and smell nice too...

The funny thing is that everyone who visits the house always comments on how nice it smells lol but I constantly worry that it smells of dog...

Am I the only one like this or do others worry too?!
    Maybe I have a problem

Random ramble of the weekend me thinks

Sarah x
    Last edited by Bumble Beez; 19-10-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Im the same always worrying that there is a smell of animals.

But no seems to notice or are too polite to say
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You are not alone...

I have one 12 year old Labrador Retriever who is still a young thing at heart. I spend my life in the cold ... With all the windows open so that our home does not smell of dog!

Nobody ever says it does ... But I make sure it doesn't!!!! Lucky I like wearing wooly jumpers.

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No i'm the same, our pup it house training still too so i'm even more worried it smells.
    love Sarah.

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My sister has 3 very loved dogs. She works very hard to make sure her house does not smell of dogs. Which it does not- at all! she spends most of her day washing down, hovering and cleaning the house! But if for what ever reason she misses a day, ( which is very rare) I can smell the dogs straight away! I sometimes wonder what my house smells of lol I know one gets used to ones smells!!

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever a good friend or rellie visits, the first thing I say when they arrive is: can you smell dog? Fortunately the answer as always 'Nope'.
    I am always spritzing soft furnishings and dog's own bed with a water spray with lavender oil.

I do think it helps to keep the actual hound clean and fresh too. Mine gets a bath once a week without fail, which is fine as long as you use gentle products (no SLS, gentle baby type stuff, most pet shampoos are too harsh).

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Our two doggies are having a full blown wash, cut and blow dry on Monday cos I am fed up with my retriever moulting EVERYWHERE!!!
    So the clippers are being taken to him!
    I do bath them lots tho, and spray their collars with perfume
    Glad it's not just me who worries tho...

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Oct, 87
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Best thing I have bought is a shampoo called pethead, smells lovely and my puppy has got used to being bathed now.

Carol

oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't particularly want my house to smell of dogs and do what I can to minimise the smell. At the end of the day though I do have dogs so hey oh there are probably times it does smell a bit.

I also have smelly nappies so the house probably smells of poo more often than not

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    I don't particularly want my house to smell of dogs and do what I can to minimise the smell. At the end of the day though I do have dogs so hey oh there are probably times it does smell a bit.

I also have smelly nappies so the house probably smells of poo more often than not
    Snap!!! With three under two in nappies I'm sure my house smells more of poo than dog! I do have air fresheners all over the place too though and spray chairs regularly. One of my families chose me partly because I have a dog like theirs so doubt they would even notice a doggy smell but always paranoid about the others!

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not bothered about the dog smell but I am sure my niece must of left some food (I think an apple) in my play room and it must be rotting because it smells in there but I can't find it. I wish her parents would follow the rules and not let her take food out of the kitchen.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two cats and I always worry about smells (don't think it does!) I open up the back door every morning regardless of the weather to blow fresh air through and then spray freshener around, I also have numerous smelly devices that end up costing me a fortune!

Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 dogs and always worry about the smell, I can't stand the smell of dog in the house like at my mums house, to minimise smell my dogs are not allowed in any rooms with carpet, most of my house is laminate or Lino which is moped most days, they are reguarly bathed, sprayed with a dog spritz couple of times a week and reguarly have bones to keep their teeth sparkly and white as dogs with dirty teeth have bad breath!

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Its funny - I don't have any animals anymore but I worry about a different type of smell

I use my kids bedrooms for children to have their naps and generally they fill their nappies after their nap, they get up just before my kids come home from school. The first thing my kids do is 1. go to the toilet and 2. straight to their bedrooms and generally their comments are "whos been in my room it stinks of "

So I am always concious of the nappy smell in my house from the minded kids.

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a dog and two cats and worry about smells. No-one has ever said they can smell animals but several have asked if I changed nappies. No matter what I try dirty nappy smells all ways linger.

oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy1956 View Post
    I have a dog and two cats and worry about smells. No-one has ever said they can smell animals but several have asked if I changed nappies. No matter what I try dirty nappy smells all ways linger.
    My mindees always wait till a parent is just about to arrive! The other day I had a parent come just after a particularly awful nappy change, I had the windows open the doors open but the smell was still awful. I did apologise for the odour! I don't like using air fresheners as they give me a headache so I have to rely on cleaning regularly and opening windows when I can.