Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Register. How do you do it??

This is something I struggle to keep up to date with!!! I think it's the process I follow. I seem to have so many different folders and books for things and trying to streamline it. I've used the ncma ones, my own printed a4one but finding I've got too many folders around to update!
    My basic question is can I use my diary for this. I already do my daily planning in there.
    Also must it be signed by parent?
    What do u do?? Xx

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Katie.

I have just one sheet with all the children on it per week. I do not get it signed!

Everyone on here has a different system, you just have to work out that's best.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't have to have it signed.

I use an A5 notebook. I write in the names of the children, times in & out. At the bottom of the page I write if we have any visitors, so it's clear which children were here at the time. In the back of it I also write the fees I receive

Since Sept I have also been filling in an A4 diary for myself. I note all sorts of things in it - planning, things parents say, reminders for myself, what food I provide that day, things the children have done, fees received & expenses. I am also writing names & times for the children. It's cut down on a lot of extra paperwork as I have it all in one place.

It means that at the moment I'm keeping a record of the children & times in both the notebook and the diary. It's handy to have it in my big diary as I've then got all the info together, but the A5 notebook is more practical as it's easier to leave out & add a time to when the children arrive or leave.

Whatever works for you, it's best to get into a routine of filling the times in straight away, either as the children arrive or leave

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an a4 sheet for each week with child's name and time in and out on it and I do get parents to sign, although in sure I read you don't have to xx
    Kelly xx

sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

A4 page shared by all children. For those before and after school I have 2 boxes. No need to have signed. Quite like the diary idea though as have them all listed in there anyhow!

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I use my diary. List names, time in & out (for school/preschool too)

Any plans, Brief outline of the day, any instances, obs to get written up to LJ & visitors at the bottom! Initials for obs etc.

Everything's all on one page, and if I get questioned on anything - it should be detailed on the date!

June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have my own confidential diary and i write 8-5 child A, 9-12 child B etc. I don't get a signature. This works best for me because I think if I am going to get a signature from parents it has to be for checking in and checking out and they are often in a rush. Its not practical.

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I use my large diary all names go in and each day I put arrival , collect time , then at the end of the month I put individual on a sheet for parents to sign

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is an A4 lined book from Rymans. Each Monday morning I draw lines down with a pencil and ruler into 5 columns divide it into 5 for each day of the week downwards and write:

W/C 14/10/13

Childs name, time in, time out, sign

I sign it , don't know why, just habit...lol
    I don't get parents to sign although Rickysmiths had a good reason to get it signed (read in a previous thread)

So mine just reads from left to right
    MON Florence 8am 8.50am signed
    Josh 8am 8.50am signed
    Bertie 9.10am 5pm signed

etc. etc.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Great ideas. Thank you. This sounds much better and will reduce my folders paperwork etc if I can work from my diary!

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have each child on one sheet, used to get signatures but don't bother now... Parents often in a rush, I have left the box on there, so could restart if I felt the need, but the current lot seem reasonable and are behaving so no need (I hope)!

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a A4 diary, seperated into 3 sections,before school, all day after school. I put time of arrival and drop off time on before, arrival and
    pick up on all day and pick up and collection time on afters, I also put all my income in on the saturday part and expenses on sundays,
    and any outing that are planned are put on the days they are planned for. Mrs O was ok with this system 3 years ago, bet she won't be
    next time
    Cath

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always used the Pacey attendance Register and I find it works fine. A sheet for a month per child and I have always had it signed with no problem.

Keeps all the info in one place, records how many children I have in each age group and has all their addresses and emergency numbers in so it is easy for Ofsted to see who is in my care at any one time.

Having it signed proved its worth when a parent made a complaint and I was able to copy the child's attendance sheet to Ofsted and it blew the Complaint out of the water. I only needed it once but it proved its worth so I would always recommend getting parents to sign.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I sheet with all 14 children on it - Mon to Friday with printed contracted times. I tick it off as the child arrives/departs and change the times as needed. I confirmed with Ofsted that the requirements are a written record, nothing about individual sheets or how it is done.

Be prepared and do it all before is my suggestion, saves loads of time.
    Debbie

15. Likes Bluebell liked this post
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    I sheet with all 14 children on it - Mon to Friday with printed contracted times. I tick it off as the child arrives/departs and change the times as needed. I confirmed with Ofsted that the requirements are a written record, nothing about individual sheets or how it is done.

Be prepared and do it all before is my suggestion, saves loads of time.
    i do this too - I have name, DOB and their contracted times. I leave 2 extra lines underneath in case I have an extra child on that day or a visitor so I can make a not of it. I then have a space so that if the time is different I can make a note of the actual time but if the times are as contracted I just tick it. There is also a space for notes so if I have extra children I make a note that I have worked with an assistant for that period of time or if they were away I put the reason - like family holiday or sickness. I can get 2 weeks worth per page.

I keep it in a folder where I keep records of income ( so every time a parent pays me I can tick it off and record it,) the accident forms, the emergency contact details, and a planner so I can know if I can take an extra child on an extra day. try and keep all the stuff I may need daily in the same file.

I don't get parents to sign it but I agree its probably a good idea.

09/2012
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

currently use pacey book but am considering changing format. Pre school i worked in didnt have to get parents to sign ,they just tick in/out record and differnet tim es ie early late pick ups and that is ok with mrs o so am thinking if its good enough for them its good enough for us!!! Am thinking of using my daily diary where i record planning, special events etc an anything i think useful about from the day, think i migth add my visitors book and record childrens times etc in there

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

My daily diary has drop off and collection times and first name of child in there.

Decembe
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karen m View Post
    I use my large diary all names go in and each day I put arrival , collect time , then at the end of the month I put individual on a sheet for parents to sign
    Am confused as to why they sign ? Would they remember by the end of the month. or do they even look at it properly ? I dont get mine to sign cos am not sure of the reason why to be honest

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the online package you are not allowed to mention on here!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a daily diary for attandance but don't get parents to sign I also record everything else in it such as visitors, daily outings/milage, expenses, pets/flea treatment
    Everyone does it differently, you have to try a few ways until you find which one works best for you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast