Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default tresure basket??

quick question..
    what should I put in a treasure basket my lo loves touching the end of a paintbrush and the stringy squeezy toy so I thought I would do a treasure basket but got a complete mind blank help

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default washing

Try a bit of googling ... thats what I do. Include a range of brushes- make-up , hair, washing-up, nail, paint, pastry( include the silicone ones as well ) What's the stringy toy like? xx

3. Likes kims kingdom liked this post
    Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I would look around your house at the things you don't normally give children to play with and ask yourself the question "could this go in the treasure box?" I did that and ended up with a very random collection of things which the children love, also scraps of fabric and things I might otherwise throw out like plastic inserts you get in cracker boxes - they make a great sound. I'm always adding to mine and when a child rips an old egg box in half or chews the life out of a scrap of material just bin it knowing it didn't cost me anything to start off with!

may 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Scrubbit View Post
    Try a bit of googling ... thats what I do. Include a range of brushes- make-up , hair, washing-up, nail, paint, pastry( include the silicone ones as well ) What's the stringy toy like? xx
    thanks for reply mrs scrubbit
    Its like a ball but squishy cant think what they are called.
    any tips as to what to talk about lo only says yeah and doesn't concerntrate easily.

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kims kingdom View Post
    thanks for reply mrs scrubbit
    Its like a ball but squishy cant think what they are called.
    any tips as to what to talk about lo only says yeah and doesn't concerntrate easily.
    Not a Kooshie (sp) ball is it? If using the brushes (not sure of mindee's age) just talk about and name each brush, gently stroke the brushes across hands and either encourage mindee to share with you what they are feeling ( if old enough) or supply them with the appropriate descriptive words yourself,hth xx

7. Likes kims kingdom liked this post
    Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to add- if using very soft brushes you could run them across cheeks, back of neck ,soles of feet etc. for an extra sensory experience, xx

9. Likes kims kingdom liked this post
    Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

just googled it , is it a koosh ball ? xx

11. Likes kims kingdom liked this post
    Simona Guest

Treasure baskets were pioneered by Elinor Goldschmied who died recently
    It also involves heuristic play...all toys should be of natural materials and stimulate the 5 senses
    Treasure baskets also link to all areas of the EYFS

Treasure Basket and Heuristic Play - Core Experiences Wiki

13. Likes kims kingdom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I once put an empty blusher case in one. It had a little mirror in it. Kids loved it but I got slated by one mum for it. Can I ask opinions on it
    I have just added a set of rosary beads to my treasure box. Very popular and diverse

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yummyripples View Post
    I once put an empty blusher case in one. It had a little mirror in it. Kids loved it but I got slated by one mum for it. Can I ask opinions on it
    I have just added a set of rosary beads to my treasure box. Very popular and diverse
    Slated because she didn't want her kids pretending to use make-up?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sing-low View Post

Slated because she didn't want her kids pretending to use make-up?
    Mirror might break

Simona Guest

I have mirrors everywhere in my playroom...in fact in every room
    One is on the floor where the baby sits and he can watch himself all the time...then he moves to it and talks to himself!!
    Of course they can break if smashed against a hard surface or dropped but you are not leaving the children unsupervised are you with a hammer in their hand???

babies love mirrors...I have a small round one in my treasure basket

If you google treasure baskets it will give you lots of ideas of what to put in them...you can buy them but cheaper to create your own
    You can have: pine cones, sponges, sand paper, large stones, loofers, shaving brushes, nail brushes, scarves, wood and much more...just be aware small children put everything in their mouth to stimulate taste but that is the aim....thais why they are for sensory play

Treasure Baskets, Sensory Play Resources and Training - Playscope by Play to Z

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    I have mirrors everywhere in my playroom...in fact in every room
    One is on the floor where the baby sits and he can watch himself all the time...then he moves to it and talks to himself!!
    Of course they can break if smashed against a hard surface or dropped but you are not leaving the children unsupervised are you with a hammer in their hand???

[/URL]
    Ha ha, the way the mother reacted you would have thought so. Mind you it's the same mother who made me cut grapes into 8 pieces for her 3 yr old

may 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank u everyone who replied im gonna crack on and find bits and bobs
    lo is 15 months by the way so got lots of different paintbrushs new ones the ball plastic container but def gonna take everys advice thanks.
    And has if a mum was upset bout using make up? Its about keeping children interested thats why im doing the box as lo does tend to get bored easily so but will use treasure box next wk when shes here and get talking bout all the different things inside the box

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    5/3/13
    Post Thanks / Like

my treasure basket

Babies fave thing is silicone cake case...

natural sponges, Be aware of size and chocking hazards