Likes Likes:  132
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The FB page was very informative but it wasn't for me. There was a lot of good info including paperwork, craft ideas, settings etc and I did get a lot of new ideas.

The problems I had were:
    a. I like to enjoy FB after work and the newsfeed was inundated with posts. I couldn't finish work and enjoy FB, I enjoy reading what friends and family have been up to but felt like it was an extension of work and I had to trawl through maybe 10 posts before finding one that didn't mention childminding.
    b. I found a lot of good ideas which at first I liked but then I was overwhelmed with everybody posting pictures of their setting, not because I thought it was better than mine but because I was overloaded with new ideas. I have a setting improvement form and the list was long....I loved the Mud kitchens and found myself outside thinking where I could put one but then Id see the climbing frames and think...mmm...I could put that there. Then I'd see a fab display and take ideas from that, a wonderful bargain that someone had found.....it just became too much. I already come on here to get lots of ideas and together with that was overload. I could do one or the other, I love my job but cannot be reading internet forums and ideas all evening.

I do think the FB page was very good but, for me was too much
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    The FB page was very informative but it wasn't for me. There was a lot of good info including paperwork, craft ideas, settings etc and I did get a lot of new ideas.

The problems I had were:
    a. I like to enjoy FB after work and the newsfeed was inundated with posts. I couldn't finish work and enjoy FB, I enjoy reading what friends and family have been up to but felt like it was an extension of work and I had to trawl through maybe 10 posts before finding one that didn't mention childminding.
    b. I found a lot of good ideas which at first I liked but then I was overwhelmed with everybody posting pictures of their setting, not because I thought it was better than mine but because I was overloaded with new ideas. I have a setting improvement form and the list was long....I loved the Mud kitchens and found myself outside thinking where I could put one but then Id see the climbing frames and think...mmm...I could put that there. Then I'd see a fab display and take ideas from that, a wonderful bargain that someone had found.....it just became too much. I already come on here to get lots of ideas and together with that was overload. I could do one or the other, I love my job but cannot be reading internet forums and ideas all evening.

Did you know that you can change the settings to keep it out of your news feed? Then you can just dip in and out when YOU choose to. :-) Same for any FB group.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SammySplodger View Post
    Did you know that you can change the settings to keep it out of your news feed? Then you can just dip in and out when YOU choose to. :-) Same for any FB group.
    Yes but it didn't work for some reason
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Post Thanks / Like

Reading all your comments makes me feel very sad. I believe that most childminders are doing such a brilliant job going 1000s of extra miles in serving the families we work with. We are all very special and unique and what we give out reflect this. Having minded for over 20 years i have had my share of tough times but something I was told in year 10 changed how I saw things that we the minders are the best resource our businesses have!! So I want to encourage you all to look after your best business asset, yes things are very unsettling at the moment but we can get through supporting each other in a positive way. Good child care will always be good childcare regardless of how the play trends/ political winds blow. Take heart dear forum friends.

6. Likes Katiekoo, hectors house liked this post
    Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not on FB and will not join. I got very bogged down in paper, all kinds of forms, ideas etc, all together must have been 3ft high!! I decided to get rid of most, now I don't use any sheets/forms but do my own. Ofsted was very happy with my LJ. I write a few sentences and link it up, plus a photo, simple but interesting, that is all that is needed!!! Trust in your self. Do what works for you, I have 8 LJ I just can not spend hours and hours on them, do not have the time, I have a daughter and a life out side of child minding, even though I love my job I also love my own time and family time. I do not need to be competitive with others I am happy and confident in my self and always full. The kids are happy, we have great days, I get on well with my parents. Job done!

8. Likes N/A, JCrakers liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Simona nobody is putting photos or paperwork on fb to cause stress to others they are doing to share practise with other childminders.
    Well I can only think I have misread the whole thread?
    As Bindy says in the post below nobody needs to write reams, no one needs competition when it comes to paperwork and above all inspectors do not need novels when it comes to our evidence...it is what we feel is right for us in order to show evidence of children's progress

I take it this FB page is the Forum own one?
    or am I wrong? if so why not share that paperwork in the forum as well and not just FB??
    there are lots of cms in the forum who ask for help each day on planning, observations and paperwork so why restrict it to FB?

In addition it is possible all the shared paperwork on FB now needs to be updated to reflect the new Inspection framework and evidence inspectors need...it would be great to share here too how cms are updating any documentation if any and why or keeping things as they are!

Having read the Evaluation schedule I did tweak a couple of things yesterday in my paperwork

Take a look and share and look at pp7,8 and 14 in particular

Ofsted | Evaluation schedule for inspections of registered early years provision

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post

Well I can only think I have misread the whole thread?
    As Bindy says in the post below nobody needs to write reams, no one needs competition when it comes to paperwork and above all inspectors do not need novels when it comes to our evidence...it is what we feel is right for us in order to show evidence of children's progress

I take it this FB page is the Forum own one?
    or am I wrong? if so why not share that paperwork in the forum as well and not just FB??
    there are lots of cms in the forum who ask for help each day on planning, observations and paperwork so why restrict it to FB?

In addition it is possible all the shared paperwork on FB now needs to be updated to reflect the new Inspection framework and evidence inspectors need...it would be great to share here too how cms are updating any documentation if any and why or keeping things as they are!

Having read the Evaluation schedule I did tweak a couple of things yesterday in my paperwork

Take a look and share and look at pp7,8 and 14 in particular

Ofsted | Evaluation schedule for inspections of registered early years provision
    Its not being restricted to the fb page however its up to the person who has shared it to also put it on the forum.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Simona Guest

Its not being restricted to the fb page however its up to the person who has shared it to also put it on the forum.
    Can you say where else it is available for all to see if it is not restricted to FB only? I would certainly like to take a look at someone else's paperwork ...why not?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post

The problems I had were:

I do understand where your coming from to a degree

But your brilliant so don't let what everyone else does knock your confidence in yourself .

Make a pact like I do .....I never do any childminding related things after a certain time ( unless I really really need to ...forum and my groups etc )
    I don't at weekends either ...never really have

It works for me why not try it ...give yourself a bit of a break ....some YOU time

I really don't know how some people are in the forum and groups 24/7 I felt a bit inadequate about it yrs ago ...but no more ...

Angel xx

13. Likes N/A liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have decided that rather than constantly playing catch up with writing up my observations - I am going to write up today's observations TODAY and then chip away at the backlog from previous months. I get behind as I am rubbish at downloading the photos and have to wait for my husband to do it for me - but from now on I will just look at the camera to remind me of photo/observation I have made that day (may have been on a walk or outing - so can't do it immediately), write up the observation and write ADD PHOTO to remind me that I have a photo to add when they are downloaded. Hopefully my observations will be more accurate as sometimes I can't remember exactly why I took the photo and hopefully I won't feel so demoralised always working behind and the backlog will eventually disappear and I can keep on top of everything again!

15. Likes SandCastles liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And some people don't use this forum, only FB.
    You can't force / control people to do things in any particular way. Nor would I want to.

Generally I enjoy the FB group and generally the Admins are doing a great job, considering how many people are on there.

I was thinking about this yesterday ....and to be quite honest I feel that I have experienced far more negativity and bullying on here lately than I ever have on FB.

Simona Guest

You can't force / control people to do things in any particular way. Nor would I want to.

Generally I enjoy the FB group and generally the Admins are doing a great job, considering how many people are on there.

I was thinking about this yesterday ....and to be quite honest I feel that I have experienced far more negativity and bullying on here lately than I ever have on FB.
    Sammy no one is asking cms or forcing them to share here as well as on FB...if they want that would be great if not then we can look elsewhere

I find a lot of positivity everywhere with cms willing to fight on even though sometimes we have little info we are really trying to support each other in the many ways available to us.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been around much lately here ...grandchildren in hospital etc

Not great though reading you have felt negative and bullying comments here ....it's always been something that us mods have not tolerated

Angel xxx

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    I haven't been around much lately here ...grandchildren in hospital etc

Not great though reading you have felt negative and bullying comments here ....it's always been something that us mods have not tolerated

Angel xxx
    Sorry to hear that you have had poorly grandchildren Angel - hope everything ok and they are getting better now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Sorry to hear that you have had poorly grandchildren Angel - hope everything ok and they are getting better now
    Thank you

Both in hospital at different times ..one age 2 and one age 4
    2 yr old lots better but 4 yr old will be under the hospital for a year or so now

Thank you for asking

Angel xxx

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

My hubby has 'booked' me for the evening so we can have tv and together time tonight...
    I've been so busy with work recently that I haven't had 5mins to just sit and chat with him...but tonight we are having a night together!
    Need to do this every week me thinks lol

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

22. Likes hectors house liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Can you say where else it is available for all to see if it is not restricted to FB only? I would certainly like to take a look at someone else's paperwork ...why not?
    Its available on facebook. You want to look at it then join facebook

If that's where the person has shared the paperwork that's where they want it to be
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Its available on facebook. You want to look at it then join facebook

If that's where the person has shared the paperwork that's where they want it to be
    You beat me to it! Just what I was going to say!

FEB09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two FB accounts, one for friends and one for work. I just login and logout depending on what I want to view and it is working ok for me at the moment. I have also decided to try and not stress about paperwork and viewing children as mini projects, but I have gone too far and now I am behind with my paperwork, my diary and my accounts. Trying to find the Work/Home balance is a tricky one!
    Sandy
    xx

26. Likes hectors house, lynncjt liked this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234