Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr-08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

You could have written this for me too!

*RANT ALERT* need to get this off my chest...

I've absolutely had enough, for a while now, and today really broke the camels back. Ugh!!!! I've actually decided to give notice to one, for my own sanity. I'm so fed up with the pressure coming from all angles, the not knowing whats going to happen next and the thoughtlessness... Of course I don't have a life! I only live to serve! ....

....Ok feel better now.

Hugs xx

2. Likes hectors house, AgentTink liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we have to remember who we are working for. Is it for the children we mind or is it for ofsted?
    I always tell prospective parents that I am not very ofsted minded. I explain that I follow the structure of eyfs but I do it for the benefit of the children not to impress ofsted. I have seen first hand many outstanding minders who view the children as projects.
    My home is a home and not a nursery. I don't have stimulating posters all round my garden because nature is stimulating enough. I don't need diversity and equality resources around my home as we go out into the wider community and see these things first hand.
    I don't need a home corner as we are at home. The children can use real equipment and really cook (although we do have play kitchen utensils too).
    Some people like me because of this and some people don't. I haven't had an inspection since I have had this attitude so don't know where it will take me. As long as I don't lose my registration certificate I will be happy.
    My parents are happy, my mindees are thriving - what more could I want?

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yummyripples View Post
    I think we have to remember who we are working for. Is it for the children we mind or is it for ofsted?
    I always tell prospective parents that I am not very ofsted minded. I explain that I follow the structure of eyfs but I do it for the benefit of the children not to impress ofsted. I have seen first hand many outstanding minders who view the children as projects.
    My home is a home and not a nursery. I don't have stimulating posters all round my garden because nature is stimulating enough. I don't need diversity and equality resources around my home as we go out into the wider community and see these things first hand.
    I don't need a home corner as we are at home. The children can use real equipment and really cook (although we do have play kitchen utensils too).
    Some people like me because of this and some people don't. I haven't had an inspection since I have had this attitude so don't know where it will take me. As long as I don't lose my registration certificate I will be happy.
    I couldn't agree with you more, I have always said that as long as my children and their parents are happy then I am doing the right things, I
    have never wanted outstanding and as long as I have my registration then I too am happy, all of my business comes from recommendations and I think that speaks for itself.

Hugs to all my fellow childminders remember we work for ourselves and to make happy children, not work ofsted.
    Cath

5. Likes hectors house, Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    Aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg yummy ripples...... You have just said everything I feel to the letter!!!!! I am currently graded as outstanding and due my inspection soon but have really changed my attitude towards the job and how I approach things. I know I won't get outstanding next time but as long as I get good and I can continue to work, that's all that I care about. Sorry to be so negative but this is honestly how I feel. The kids *****mind love it here and the parents are super happy too!

7. Likes cathtee, desiderata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would soooo love to get off the ofsted register. It wouldn't change the care I give the children one bit.
    I only stay registered to be legal!

9. Likes loocyloo, TooEarlyForGin?, bandlady liked this post
    Simona Guest

I would soooo love to get off the ofsted register. It wouldn't change the care I give the children one bit.
    I only stay registered to be legal!
    Well you could if you cared only for the after school children...would that suit you?
    I would love it because I like the older children and enjoy school holidays...it is certainly an option for the future

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Well you could if you cared only for the after school children...would that suit you?
    I would love it because I like the older children and enjoy school holidays...it is certainly an option for the future
    But is it a wise move to just concentrate on school aged children when the Government is pushing schools to stay open from 8 - 6 ?

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Love your arguments, going off to strike another idea off the list, you are spot on with the home from home bit...I don't need a snuggly reading area...I have a sofa!!!! Thanks for the wake up call!!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    But is it a wise move to just concentrate on school aged children when the Government is pushing schools to stay open from 8 - 6 ?
    Good question....however a little bird tells me that schools may not want to do that and cms will be part of that scheme
    Schools need to recruit staff and also run during holidays...it may happen in the long run but not tomorrow!!!
    I will give share more info when I hear more

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe when my children have flown the nest but I like my house empty by 5.30 and I know people need wrap around care for longer hours

Post Thanks / Like

Good question....however a little bird tells me that schools may not want to do that and cms will be part of that scheme
    Schools need to recruit staff and also run during holidays...it may happen in the long run but not tomorrow!!!
    I will give share more info when I hear more
    The headmaster at my school has actually asked if I would run the afterschool club but it would mean I am not home for my own kids plus when would I holiday if it were a holiday club too

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe not......but I think that there will always be parents who will not want their children to remain in a school type enviroment all day long, esp. the younger kiddies, xx

Simona Guest

The headmaster at my school has actually asked if I would run the afterschool club but it would mean I am not home for my own kids plus when would I holiday if it were a holiday club too
    Very good points
    Some schools may ask cms to run their clubs...some maybe interested others may not
    I think the schools may also have to 'signpost' parents to cms...just thinking aloud really...and working more in partnership with us?

It was the Labour party that said they would make it compulsory for schools to stay open 8-6pm...Truss wants to remove all the red tape for them so that mums can run the care...some do but mums will want to be with their children by 5.30 and certainly not run holiday schemes...again I am thinking aloud

Lets see how it develops...by the time it is all up and running I will be retired!!

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG as with others I feel this post from the OP is absolutely how I feel sometimes. I have had a rubbish day today with 4 under fives. 2 of them were great but the others just didn't listen o a word that I said and it has made me feel C**p!

I know there are good and bad days and |I feel rubbish today but there are a lot of points that have been made which are valid. Its so easy to let it take over your life and I am definitely going to make an effort to reduce this for me. I try to do paperwork in work time except for invoicing etc - its hard but I think well, I should be able to do it whilst they are freeplaying and do my best.

Not going to carry on about this as I feel so fed up tonight I would put people off doing the job.........
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this website !!!!!!!
    Thankyou and hugs to all, I'm feeling so much better

It's nice to know that other people are also feeling like this too. I do feel better after sorting out my facebook newsfeed. I can now sit and look through friends posts instead of constantly having to trawl through all the childminding threads, a lot of them talking about stuff I can't be bothered to read.

I'm just going to be myself from now on and I'm not gong to stress out about everything so much. I can only be what I am and I can do little improvements without having to get so obsessed.
    I know I'm doing a good job and as long as I can maintain my rating and not go backwards I'll be happy.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

It's such a shame how things have gone, I honestly dont remember all this stress in the early days of being registered,it has Definetly built since ofsted took over.

21. Likes desiderata liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Cheshire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am feeling the Same at the moment. I've been doing this for 4 years nearly and waiting for my next inspection however I don't think i am outstanding. My paperwork only makes sense to me and i do things very visual and i know childminders with better paperwork then me with it all linked...so i am not expecting an outstanding.
    I am getting very stressed out with the school run and finding planning very difficult at the moment just seem to be going round in circles I've lost my mojo. Need a few days off i think to sort myself out.

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    I love this website !!!!!!!
    Thankyou and hugs to all, I'm feeling so much better

It's nice to know that other people are also feeling like this too. I do feel better after sorting out my facebook newsfeed. I can now sit and look through friends posts instead of constantly having to trawl through all the childminding threads, a lot of them talking about stuff I can't be bothered to read.

I'm just going to be myself from now on and I'm not gong to stress out about everything so much. I can only be what I am and I can do little improvements without having to get so obsessed.
    I know I'm doing a good job and as long as I can maintain my rating and not go backwards I'll be happy.
    Well done, I'm with you on this, my new saying is ' I'll do my best without the stress' xx

24. Likes ruby liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Think my problem is that I should have taken Oct half term week off and gone away on holiday - but my parents are so used to me giving about 4 months notice that I persuaded myself that they wouldn't cope if I only gave them 4 weeks notice as per contract - by the time I realised that I really needed a holiday it was too late to even give them 4 weeks notice and I am very annoyed with myself

I had one week off in January, one week in July and a day off last month to make a long weekend to visit my brother who has moved to Jersey. I have a new baby starting week after half term and the parent is a teacher so I can hardly give notice now to have a holiday before Xmas - not when I have had nearly 10 months notice of when he is starting.

I used to treat myself on my day off each week and either get my hair cut or nails done or have a massage - now those treats have been lost under the paperwork pile and a trip to the dentist seems like a treat - going to book a nice appointment for this Thursday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Think my problem is that I should have taken Oct half term week off and gone away on holiday - but my parents are so used to me giving about 4 months notice that I persuaded myself that they wouldn't cope if I only gave them 4 weeks notice as per contract - by the time I realised that I really needed a holiday it was too late to even give them 4 weeks notice and I am very annoyed with myself

I had one week off in January, one week in July and a day off last month to make a long weekend to visit my brother who has moved to Jersey. I have a new baby starting week after half term and the parent is a teacher so I can hardly give notice now to have a holiday before Xmas - not when I have had nearly 10 months notice of when he is starting.

I used to treat myself on my day off each week and either get my hair cut or nails done or have a massage - now those treats have been lost under the paperwork pile and a trip to the dentist seems like a treat - going to book a nice appointment for this Thursday!!
    Speak to them about booking time off before Xmas

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast