Son has Hand Foot & Mouth
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Son has Hand Foot & Mouth

I can't see it on HPA list of notifiable diseases. Does anybody know if I have to close or leave it to parents to decide if want to bring children?

Thanks

Kim x

Registered Childminder since
    July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had two children come down with it in the last week. There's no exclusion for it (unless you choose to close).

I'd let the parents know & let them decide if they want to bring their LO's in.

I hope your son feels better very sn!

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no written exclusion but my doctor and kids school said 5days to week and it took nearly 2weeks she was soooo poorly

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your advice.

I gave parents the choice & they are not bringing mindees - completely understand that I don't think I would either!

Luckily he has been fine in himself just a temperature & rash. Am hoping it stays that way but will be giving lots of cuddles tomorrow anyway as it's just the two of us for the day

x

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like its going around we have it here too.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hand, foot and mouth disease - Introduction - NHS Choices

This gives info about H,F&M says its highly contageous.

Hope your Little one doesn't suffer too much.

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It is highly contagious but there is no quarantine period. The 2 Los I look after have it but I can not stop them coming. I hate this part of the job, it is my home yet I have to allow people with contagious diseases into it and pass it on to my family. I wanted to say no but guidelines and docs say yes so I felt like I would have been excluding a child just because I wanted too. With all the hype at the moment about spontaneous Ofsted inspections because of complaints I feel I can not do as I see best for my family in my own home. I know it is my own business and I should in theory do what I like, but in reality we can't there are a lot of rules still to follow if we want to keep Mrs O away from the door.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CLL View Post
    It is highly contagious but there is no quarantine period. The 2 Los I look after have it but I can not stop them coming. I hate this part of the job, it is my home yet I have to allow people with contagious diseases into it and pass it on to my family. I wanted to say no but guidelines and docs say yes so I felt like I would have been excluding a child just because I wanted too. With all the hype at the moment about spontaneous Ofsted inspections because of complaints I feel I can not do as I see best for my family in my own home. I know it is my own business and I should in theory do what I like, but in reality we can't there are a lot of rules still to follow if we want to keep Mrs O away from the door.
    It's a bit crazy isn't it as it is so contagious and seems to make Los so sick you would think it had an exclusion period like chicken pox or d and v!