Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Urgent advice needed please

Hi all. Does anyone know much about hand, foot and mouth. I have a lo who came out in spots yesterday on bum cheeks. Then noticed later on his knees as well. Called mum to get docs appt but she said she was too busy at work to take him probably just a rash. He already had a few spots on his chin, today he arrived and one on his ear. The ones on his knees now look worse. I thought he may have just had a reaction to something he ate yesterday but after seeing ones on face thought it might be hand, foot and mouth. Looked it up online but I am still unsure. I know mum will be cross if I ring her to collect lo to take to docs if it is nothing serious but I am worried about it spreading to others and also him being here if he is unwell. Also worried she will think he caught here. Advice please.

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

first you don't exclude for HF&M but refer to your sickness policy if LO is unwell and unable to take part in your daily routine .In my experience the spots tend not to be on their bum ,just usually on hand, lower arm area , foot ,lower legs, around and inside mouth. They look like tiny blisters and inside the mouth look like ulcers and are usually painful.doctor will only sugest calpol so no rush to go there ,text mam and sugest she gets apt for later.but if LO is unwell then send home

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I am at a loss as to what it could be then. I just feel like he needs to be checked by a doctor as I don't know what it is and if it was my son I would have taken him. Doctors close at 5 so mum won't take time off work.

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

does your area have a drop in centre or after hour doctor that she could use.If not then tell her if LO is unwell tomorrow to get it looked at before they arrive

jan 95
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a chemist near you, they are often very good as giving advice etc.