Why would u leave a hair puller alone?!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why would u leave a hair puller alone?!!

Am at soft play with three mindees under two so am sitting in the soft area with them.. At first I didn't know it was happening because poor little mindee was so shocked he didn't cry but a bigger boy was practically sitting on him yanking great handfuls of hair! Where do they even learn to do that?! He was very rough with another
    Child too.. Why can't mum be sitting at the tables right next to it so she can see and intervene but no she is hiding in a corner! Poor mindee never had his hair pulled before was very upset!!

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Drives me crazy when older children deliberately hurt little ones!
    Especially when their mums just pretend they can't see it, or are too busy on their phones or something
    I'd have taken him over to mum and said excuse me but he's just pulled this little boys hair and has really upset him
    She'd have had to say something to him then! I know kids will be kids but for parents to either not care or pretend they don't see isn't on. We've got to tell parents at the end of the day that their child's been hurt and the parents of the older child should take some responsibility
    I've always intervened when my dd or mindees got a little rough with younger ones, and if I didn't see I'd want the other parent to come and tell me because they need to learn right from wrong. Hope your lo is ok xx
    Kelly xx

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I was about to post an identical thread, we go to toddlers at a soft play centre every week, there's a LO who goes to terrorises all the other kids yet the person (unsure if she's a childminder or family relation) just let's him roam around himself with no supervision.

Now I'm not one for shadowing the kids in soft play, It does them good to explore themselves, but if I had a child who misbehaved every time I'd be watching them like a hawk!

Today the LO opened the fire escape three times, luckily he didn't go out the door but he could have! That's as well as the usual hitting, kicking & biting etc! It's putting me off taking my mindees there tbh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellyskidz! View Post
    Drives me crazy when older children deliberately hurt little ones!
    Especially when their mums just pretend they can't see it, or are too busy on their phones or something
    I'd have taken him over to mum and said excuse me but he's just pulled this little boys hair and has really upset him
    She'd have had to say something to him then! I know kids will be kids but for parents to either not care or pretend they don't see isn't on. We've got to tell parents at the end of the day that their child's been hurt and the parents of the older child should take some responsibility
    I've always intervened when my dd or mindees got a little rough with younger ones, and if I didn't see I'd want the other parent to come and tell me because they need to learn right from wrong. Hope your lo is ok xx
    Well said!! I did take him by hand over to mum as he did it again! She just said 'sorry' in a very unsurprised tone! Bit worrying one so young being so vindictive! He was only less than 3 I would say. Poor mindee was really scared! Home
    Now as they are all tired..
    Thanks for listening to my rant!!

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphf View Post
    Well said!! I did take him by hand over to mum as he did it again! She just said 'sorry' in a very unsurprised tone! Bit worrying one so young being so vindictive! He was only less than 3 I would say. Poor mindee was really scared! Home
    Now as they are all tired..
    Thanks for listening to my rant!!
    I bet he does it all the time so she's used to it
    Bless your mindee, its not nice for them to be hurt while they're simply trying to play nicely xx
    Kelly xx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Soft play areas are not good for my blood pressure! I always end up being a referee or reprimanding (in a professional way) other children whose parents are sitting with a coffee and having a nice time on their own. Poor mindee. My mindee has masses of lovely blonde curls and other children always go for it, mostly just in a curious way. It flipping hurts when you have your hair pulled.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    I was about to post an identical thread, we go to toddlers at a soft play centre every week, there's a LO who goes to terrorises all the other kids yet the person (unsure if she's a childminder or family relation) just let's him roam around himself with no supervision.

Now I'm not one for shadowing the kids in soft play, It does them good to explore themselves, but if I had a child who misbehaved every time I'd be watching them like a hawk!

Today the LO opened the fire escape three times, luckily he didn't go out the door but he could have! That's as well as the usual hitting, kicking & biting etc! It's putting me off taking my mindees there tbh
    Yes I was happy to leave! I don't usually shadow the older ones either once they can manage the equipment without help, but I would as you say if they were a nuisance! How else do they learn how to behave?! I am surprised the manager didnt have a go at your place about the fire escape!!

Post Thanks / Like

I bet he does it all the time so she's used to it
    Bless your mindee, its not nice for them to be hurt while they're simply trying to play nicely xx
    I know he is such a gentle little soul!

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I was happy to leave! I don't usually shadow the older ones either once they can manage the equipment without help, but I would as you say if they were a nuisance! How else do they learn how to behave?! I am surprised the manager didnt have a go at your place about the fire escape!!
    The person who brings this LO seems friendly with workers so they get away with a lot!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post

The person who brings this LO seems friendly with workers so they get away with a lot!
    Ah that explains it., they must be annoyed though. !

sept 94
    Post Thanks / Like

had this at M&T this morning little boy pulled mindees hair because she was on the car and he want it.
    sorted mindees out as she was crying then went over to mum and told her to be fair she did tell him off and made him come over and say sorry.

cathy

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

had you lived anywhere near to me Murphf i would have thought it was a family i had a joy of bumping into in the supermarket.

The child whipped me round the legs with his bag. When i said dont you say sorry in a really light cheerful voice the mum ripped into me saying hes only 4 and doesnt need to know yet!

She then told her OH to deliberately steer their trolley into ours where it actually hit DS hand and gave him a pinch bruise. Store security then got involved as they were hurling loads of abuse and swearing in front of their children at the tops of their voices too. what can i say except class!

13. Likes tess1981 liked this post
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post
    had you lived anywhere near to me Murphf i would have thought it was a family i had a joy of bumping into in the supermarket.

The child whipped me round the legs with his bag. When i said dont you say sorry in a really light cheerful voice the mum ripped into me saying hes only 4 and doesnt need to know yet!

She then told her OH to deliberately steer their trolley into ours where it actually hit DS hand and gave him a pinch bruise. Store security then got involved as they were hurling loads of abuse and swearing in front of their children at the tops of their voices too. what can i say except class!
    He doesn't need to say sorry at 4 lol, that's a new one!
    Thats disgusting by the way, her oh pushing a trolley into yours, my oh would have gone crazy if someone would have done that to me. Mind you, so would I! Outrageous from a fully grown 'adult'
    It scares me sometimes that my daughter will be growing up with these kids especially when I hear their mums effing and blinding in the playground.
    I sometimes think they judge me and think I'm a bit snobby but I'm judging them right back for speaking so appallingly in a playground!
    Kelly xx

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

He doesn't need to say sorry at 4 lol, that's a new one!
    Thats disgusting by the way, her oh pushing a trolley into yours, my oh would have gone crazy if someone would have done that to me. Mind you, so would I! Outrageous from a fully grown 'adult'
    It scares me sometimes that my daughter will be growing up with these kids especially when I hear their mums effing and blinding in the playground.
    I sometimes think they judge me and think I'm a bit snobby but I'm judging them right back for speaking so appallingly in a playground!
    He did go n have words lol n they were out of earshot of ds x

I was shaking with anger but remained as composed as I could as you never know who the next parent to phone will be x also it hopefully taught ds to rise above it x took all my self control though x

Post Thanks / Like

Aw Gail that's horrific!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Aw Gail that's horrific!
    It was shocking but all over now xx