Can I / Should I Give Parent Notice?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 21
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can I / Should I Give Parent Notice?

In July I had a 5 year old girl register. She initially wanted 2 days one week and 1 day the next; before and after school and full days in the hols. Not once has this been the case. I have had her 4-5 days a week before and after school and even more in the holidays. However at the end of August I was on annual leave for 2 weeks. The parent was meant to let me know her September hours ASAP. She text me on the 1st saying she was off for 2 weeks which meant I didn't know what I could charge her as she hadn't actully booked any hours. I decided to just leave it and see what hours she wanted after the 2 weeks, even though I know she should be paying for that time. I received another text from her today saying she is now going to be off for a further 6 weeks!!! Again she has no intention to pay for this space and I just don't know what to do. This contract has been a nightmare start to finish, no set hours, late payments, notpaying for time off and even called me a liar regarding the amount owed on her bill!!!! Should I now reply / send her a letter telling her the space has gone? I don't have anyone else wanting this space but I'm fed up of being messed about!
    Christine

May 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding.
    Post Thanks / Like

I would give notice if she has treated you so badly as it is not worth the stress.

3. Likes cbshoat, loocyloo, Bluebell liked this post
    sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear hopeless case,

Thank you for letting me know x won't be attending over the next 6 weeks. With this in mind would it be helpful to review your contracted hours? Our agreement is for x to attend y hours across a fortnight. In order to keep this space free for her I do need to charge for the space whether or not she attends. I am unable at this time to offer ad hoc contracts. I am happy to release you from your contract with no notice period (if you are- sounds as if you won't get paid anyhow!) if this would be the best fit for you at this time. I will be sending out next months invoices on such and such a date.
    I look forward to receiving your reply, stating what you'd like to do,

Best wishes,

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rachelle View Post
    Dear hopeless case,

Thank you for letting me know x won't be attending over the next 6 weeks. With this in mind would it be helpful to review your contracted hours? Our agreement is for x to attend y hours across a fortnight. In order to keep this space free for her I do need to charge for the space whether or not she attends. I am unable at this time to offer ad hoc contracts. I am happy to release you from your contract with no notice period (if you are- sounds as if you won't get paid anyhow!) if this would be the best fit for you at this time. I will be sending out next months invoices on such and such a date.
    I look forward to receiving your reply, stating what you'd like to do,

Best wishes,
    Love it! X

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

think you should charge her based on the 4/5 days she has been attending!! but does sound unlikley you would get it - definitely give the space to someone else - non-payment and non-attendance should be one of the reasons for termination of contract??

Love the letter btw! good luck x

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Give notice, not worth the stress/headache xx

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Life is too short and it is not worth the aggro, get rid.

Sam x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you agree to 6 weeks unpaid? If not then I would call her and ask for a meeting. it could just be a misunderstanding as you have let her choose what she wants to do.
    Debbie