Like the quieter life!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a one yr old, 2 18 mth olds and two before/after schoolers on my books and my own two children who are both school age, and am not taking on anymore even though I have spaces on certain days.

What I'm working now is already so much, today is so lovely I only have one who's having a nap at the moment, I should have another but he's poorly today and the one I have leaves at 1:30 today and I am so excited at having the one afternoon off its amazing as I work til 5:30 3 days and til 6:30 the other two days, I haven't worked this late since before I had my own children, since having my own ive only ever worked til 4 so this has been such a massive change.

The money is great and I've never earned this amount of money per mth ever, but as one cm said to me as I was starting up " I have 10 eyfs children on my books, plus before and after schoolers, don't ever see pound signs as tempting as it is, my family now suffer because of my work, keep family life at a good balance"

So yes I'm taking on no more for now and I don't think anybody should be made to feel bad for not taking on extra children if you have spaces, it's so important that we are happy to be able to care for the children in our care the way we should be.

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Feel so much better knowing I am not the only one! I do sometimes think that could be another £600 per month or whatever but know its not worth it! Ideally I would love to do term time only but I know that I would lose my full timer xx

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just had a call from a friend of a friend as she recommended me. It is for a little one who was born prem and still has a nurse at the moment. It would be full time like my other 2 but they are both just crawling and although I have a space I just think my day would be so much harder. She wants to start in Jan, I told her she could come and look around but I am not sure yet if I will be able to accommodate her. I find it so hard to say no and although my wage is good at the moment it would be nice to pay off some of our debts earlier. Just wondering how I would manage. Those of you with 3 babies how do you manage? Do you get out and about easy enough? I keep telling myself I can/can not do it, my opinion changes by the hour! I know if I stayed at home all day like in a nursery it would be fine. Although I don't go to many groups (I really hate toddler groups) we do go to various places. Oh don't know what to do. Doesn't help when hubby says 'we could really do with more money. You can manage another one easy.'

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I am taking on baby brother of 2 boys i already have in january. Extra money will be lovely but thought of 2 babies and 2 three year olds is bit worrying as it gets closer

I'm more than happy with what I earn now but cant turn this baby away.

I also turn schoolies down, just dont think about money i'm losing but think of it as saving my sanity

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CLL View Post
    I have just had a call from a friend of a friend as she recommended me. It is for a little one who was born prem and still has a nurse at the moment. It would be full time like my other 2 but they are both just crawling and although I have a space I just think my day would be so much harder. She wants to start in Jan, I told her she could come and look around but I am not sure yet if I will be able to accommodate her. I find it so hard to say no and although my wage is good at the moment it would be nice to pay off some of our debts earlier. Just wondering how I would manage. Those of you with 3 babies how do you manage? Do you get out and about easy enough? I keep telling myself I can/can not do it, my opinion changes by the hour! I know if I stayed at home all day like in a nursery it would be fine. Although I don't go to many groups (I really hate toddler groups) we do go to various places. Oh don't know what to do. Doesn't help when hubby says 'we could really do with more money. You can manage another one easy.'
    Is a hard one - lots of my enquiry are for really little ones giving me 3 needing a buggy 2 days but I have said no - it's all hills where I am and pushing a triple up it would kill me as bad enough a double! Lots do seem to manage 3 little ones though! Xx

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I work 3 days very full on days but that's enough!!!
    I would start slow too, i was given thus advice by the council lady running our chip course. Best advice ever...gives you the chance to adjust to the job. It gives good work/life balance too

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I hage experienced both very quiet and very busy, would love to be a hit quieter if I could afford it! Having said that 1 of my mum's is changing her hrs at work so I will have 3 preschool (age 1, 2 and 3) and 2 schoolies (age 4 and 5) mon to thurs and on Fri only my 5 yr old schoolie. So busy most of the week with a quiet day to get stuff done, so looking forward to it!!

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for starting this thread. I only offer EY spaces as I have my own 3 school aged children already, and all but one of my mindees come term time only. I've had a family leave due to moving away from the area and so have vacancies on some days, but I'm hesitating to start trying to fill them as I'm enjoying the days with just the 2 x 1yr olds!

sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

I had one child leave in the summer to start nursery in Sept, decided not to fill the place and now have 2 under 3 on Mon and one Tues,Wed,Thurs.. day off Friday! haven't worked a Friday for years. This the joy of this job as you can pick and choose how many to take on and when! But compared with a few years ago it has got a lot quieter and there are definitely less calls per month, anyone else noticed this?

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mistake - please ignore

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12